A wall

The next four months was blissful,they had a vacation in Pittsburgh,just to get away for the weekends,they also went to Grandview heights, every single day was worth it.

Rachel's wedding was just a month away,the preparations for the big day had started and Eliza was extremely busy helping Rachel.
Harriet and Laura tried to be close to her but it wasn't easy because Eliza built a wall around herself.

However,the duo did not give up,they spread rumours around Pascal who believed Eliza unfailingly.

He wanted to treat her to lunch so he called her to get ready for dinner from his office.He waited anxiously for his working hours to be over.Wilfredahad already booked a private booth at Ocean prime on his behalf.

On his way to the restaurant,he called Eliza to confirm if she was ready.He walked smartly as the hostess led him to his destination.Eliza called him later on to tell him that she was on her way.

An hour passed and Pascal was tired of waiting,as he called her,her line was switched off.He waited for thirty more minutes before he left the restaurant disappointed,worried and angry.

***
Eliza admired herself in her black off shoulder ruched dress.She put her phone down after calling Pascal and sighed as she stared at it.

I should have charged it

She scolded herself.

Just some blocks away from Ocean prime, Caitlin called.

Caitlin:I need your help right now

Eliza sat up and almost panicked

Eliza:What's wrong Cait?
Caitlin:I fell Eliza, I think I might lose the baby,I'm in so much pain right now.
Eliza:Stay where you are, I'm coming to get you...just breathe I'm on my way.

She hung up and gave the driver a new address.
Franklin was out of town and Caitlin was left with Olivia at home.

She ran into Caitlin's house as fast as she could.
The driver helped Caitlin to the car while Eliza took Olivia in her arms.
They went off to the hospital where Caitlin was attended to.

***
Pascal was furious yet worried.
How could she?

What could be wrong?

He wanted some answers and went to the phone,then played a voicemail hoping she  left a reasonable reason in it.