Chapter 16

Jeon Corp was signing a new project with the Kim Corps and the Wang Corporation. Jackson Wang, Kim Namjoon and Kim Taehyung, all arrived at the Jeon Corp today to sign the contract and release a press statement.

The higher ups in the company were really very busy today with the meetings and press release. As Miss Song was busy in the meeting, the employees in her department were heaving a sigh of relief for a moment.

"YN, is everything okay with you?" Sara asked, coming closer to YN's desk.

"Yeah, why are you asking?"

"When you left the other day to meet your mom, you didn't come back. Even your mom called me to ask about you!"

"I just got stuck in something, don't worry too much about it!" YN tried to explain with a slight smile.

Sara knew something was definitely going on with YN. So she didn't buy her lie. She wanted to ask further questions but got interrupted by the sudden chaos in the office.

"Wow guys look, the press release is done!"

"They should have been K-pop idols, not businessmen! They're so handsome!"

"Our president is already taken by Miss Han. Do you think others are single?"

"Why? Do you want to seduce one of them?" *laughs*

"Ah you girls are delusional. They're out of your leagues. Stop daydreaming."

"Shut up. You're just jealous!"

"Look, Mr Jeon is throwing a party. Everyone is invited!"

"Wow..... It's gonna be so much fun!"

And just like that the day passed. YN was feeling a little bit nervous about attending the party. What if she run into him again! It's not like she didn't want to meet him. It's just that, she gets nervous around him and thinking about him makes her feel butterflies in her stomach.

~The day of the party~

YN wore a beautiful dark green dress and went to the party with Sara. The venue was very huge and even the arrangements were quite grand. The invited guests were mainly the employees and higher ups of the three companies. And of course the hot topic of the party was the charming rich bachelors, namely Jackson Wang, The Kims and Jeon Jungkook.

While some people were talking business, others were busy enjoying themselves and dancing with their partners. YN was having a good time chatting with Sara, but soon she left to dance with her partner, leaving YN alone.

YN wasn't close enough with her other colleagues so she started feeling really awkward, standing there all alone, with no one to talk to. So now the best option was to eat her heart out and accordingly she went near the food section and gobbled up anything that caught her eyes.

~Jungkook's P.O.V~

While walking around and chatting with the businessmen, I was distracted thinking about tonight's mission. Well I loved going on to missions, it was my dream job. And yet I was here, stuck in a stupid business party.

But when my eyes landed on a particular figure, somehow other thoughts flew away from my mind. I kept staring at her for quite a while, smiling to myself, not realizing that my action was getting a few employee's attention.

What was so special about her that was making it hard for me to look away? It's not like she was the only beautiful woman present there, but she was the only one to catch my attention. Was it because of the intimacy we had that day!

"You're being too obvious, lover boy! Get yourself together!" Suddenly a voice whispered in my ear, making me come back to reality.

"Ah hyung, what are you doing?" I asked turning back to look at Taehyung hyung.

"You know, I came to know some spicy information about you from Seulgi. So what's the deal with you and YN, ha?" Taehyung asked with a mischievous grin.

"It was nothing. Stop assuming things, hyung!" I spat.

"Then why are you getting all red?"

I couldn't take it anymore so I walked away from him but ran into YN instead. The moment she saw me, she turned her back towards me and started walking away. But then she bumped into someone else, and it was none other than Mr Wang.

"Oh I'm really sorry, sir!" YN apologized to him.

But Mr Wang didn't reply, instead he kept staring at her. His eyes were glistening with amusement which I didn't like at all. I was about to approach them when suddenly he decided to speak.

"Instead of saying sorry, why don't you dance with me?" He offered and then extended his hand towards her with a playful smirk.

I could see her hesitate but before she could refuse, he grabbed her hand and directly went to the dance floor. His actions attracted a lot of attention from her colleagues. She looked at me a few times with pleading eyes and I felt the urge to save her.

Well it wasn't like she was in any kind of danger, but I just didn't like the fact of her being in someone else's arm. God, why was I getting so worked up!

I was busy staring at them when suddenly someone dragged me to the dance floor.

"Instead of staring at them, why don't you dance with me for a while, Jungkook-ssi!" Hana said as she snaked her arms around my neck.

As many people had their eyes on us, I didn't want to humiliate her in front of so many people. So I kept on dancing. But for some unknown reason, my eyes kept on drifting towards the other couple. And seeing them dancing and talking, made my blood boil with anger.

"Don't they look cute together? And judging by Mr Wang's reputation, she'll definitely end up in his bed!" Hana remarked with a smug smile.

Well now Hana pulled the last string of my patience. They were dancing very close to us so getting the opportunity I switched to YN all of a sudden, leaving the other two completely dumbfounded.

I bet the onlookers were quite amazed too as I could hear the whispers. But I could care less as I was busy focusing on the woman who was now finally in my arms. She looked quite shocked too as her eyes were still widened like a cute baby.

Unconsciously my eyes drifted down to her lips and forgetting my surroundings, I started leaning on.