5

MADNESS
—5. Betrayal

    In Hedeby, Astrid, a shieldmaiden loyal to Lagertha was sitting alone, when Torvi suddenly entered with Gyda, who happened to be Lagertha's granddaughter

"Who is this?" Astrid had asked since she had never met the girl before.

"Ylva and Bjorn's oldest daughter, Gyda," Torvi informed Astrid with a small smile on her face.

"And why have you brought her?" Astrid questioned, raising a brow at Torvi.

"She tells me that Freya was involved with the sons of Ragnar and still is," Torvi informed Astrid, who began to smile at the thought.

"All of them?" She asked, looking almost amused.

"She likes sex. A lot," Gyda admitted in a whisper and Astrid smiled widely as she stood up.

She walked toward Gyda, her eyes scanning the bruises and cuts scattered across the young girl's face, "What happened to your face?"

"Freya beat me when she learned I had told Sigurd about what happened between her and Ivar," She explained, much to Astrid's confusion.

"What happened between her and Ivar?"

"I...I shall not say," Gyda fearfully answered, knowing Freya's wrath all too well, "Freya nearly killed me the last time I spoke of it to someone."

Astrid opened her mouth to ask another question, only to be cut off by Lagertha. "Enough questions," Lagertha scolded Astrid in a calm tone, '"I have to talk to Torvi and my granddaughter." She smiled, walking closer before she placed her hands on Gyda's shoulders. "I believe she is the key to taking Kattegat without Freya getting in our way."

____

In Kattegat, Ubbe and Freya were underneath the blankets in his room. Freya was laughing loudly at Ubbe's actions as he kissed her in every place imaginable while tickling her. "What are you doing?" She asked him as she continued to chuckle, "Stop it!"

"Make me," He teased her, wrapping his arms around her face from the back.

With that, Freya had turned herself around and climbed on top of Ubbe, straddling him. She grabbed his wrists, pinning them on both sides of him. She tilted her head as she looked down at him. She smirked, giving him a taunting look.

Ubbe was on the verge of reaching up to kiss her when there was a knock on the door. "Yes?" He spoke up, assuming it was just some slave.

Just then, the door opened and they both turned to see that it was Gyda. Freya groaned loudly and climbed off of Ubbe. She laid down beside him and Ubbe was quick to cover himself with the blanket.

"What in Odin's name are you doing here?" Freya asked her sister as she glared at her hatefully.

____