❤︎𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞❤︎

"I'll kill you."

"No, you won't."

"You're pathetic."

"No, I'm not."

"You rely on humans,"

"You rely on me. Without me, you'd be nothing."

"Without me, you'd be useless."

"Without you, I'd be the person you fear most. I won't hear another word from you, or I will destroy you."

"You couldn't. You know you need me for defeating him."

"I could easily kill him by myself."

"Who would break your seal, hm? Who would be the person to release your power?"

"I'd find a way. Just like I did before I had you. I don't need you. I want you. You are under my control. You are here for my wishes and my wishes only. You do as I tell you." You said, glaring at it through the mirror where you brushed your hair out.

"You don't understand the amount of power it will take to destroy this man." It argued as it walked behind you.

"I do. You don't understand the amount of power I hold." You said in response. "But we will not discuss this any further. My only concern right now is coming up with a plan to destroy him without involving the others."

"You know that they will be a part one way or another. Whether it be small or large, they're going to be involved." It said, crouching behind you.

"If I can change that, it will not happen." You sighed.

"We can always contact them," It said, staring at your reflection. "They owe you, remember?"

"That's true," You said, pausing for a moment. "They could keep Giorno and the others from following after me,"

"I'm not so bad at thinking these things up, now am I?" It said, the single piece of light stretching into a wide grin.

"I'm not going to answer that," You stood up, and it mimicked your actions. "I'll get in touch with them soon. For now, I need to think of ways to get away without them following me."

..

"Shut the hell up!"

You sighed again, shaking your head as the yelling continued from the living room. You shook your head as you chopped up the rest of the vegetables.

"How long has it been now?" Mista asked as he turned the heat up on the stove.

"Three hours," You said as a crash came from the living room followed by a loud thud.

"Break the coffee table and Bruno's gonna kick your asses!" Mista yelled, adding more oil into the pan of chicken. You strained the pasta and then added the alfredo sauce.

"Why are they fighting again?" You asked, dumping the broccoli into the pan.

"Something about Narancia breaking Abbachio's favorite wine or something like that. He and Fugo have been chasing Narancia all over the house since we got home from suit shopping." Mista explained.

"How did that go?" You hummed.

"Narancia tried to get a hot pink suit and then got mad when Fugo tried strangling him for even suggesting they get matching suits." You snickered at that, shaking your head at them as you wiped your hands off.

"I'm going to go pry Bucciarati and GioGio from their office," You said. "I know they won't come out if I don't." Mista nodded and you walked from the kitchen and down the hall. You knocked on the wooden door before turning the knob and entered. Bucciarati was hovering behind Giorno, looking over his shoulder at what seemed like the hundreds of papers littered across the desk.

"Y/n," Bucciarati said as you closed the door. "What's wrong?"

"I'm coming to pull you away to eat."

"Too busy," Giorno mumbled, not even raising his head.

"You haven't eaten all day. It can wait long enough for you to eat." You said, crossing your arms over your chest.

"We can't waste any more time," Giorno said in aggravation, finally raising his head to look at you. The aggravation, anger, and concern floating in his eyes made you frown deeply.

"You've holed yourself in here all damn day. Either walk out, or I'm dragging you out. Whatever it is, it can wait." You said sternly.

"We apologize, Y/n," Bucciarati said. "But Giorno is right. We can't waste any more time."

"What is so important?" You asked, walking to the desk and leaned over. You felt your entire body go stiff as your eyes widened. You reached out and snatched the photos from the desk.

They were of you. You passing through the window upstairs. You walking through the farmer's market. You shopping with Trish. You leaning in the seat right before the man had approached you and handed you that note. You felt your heart sink into your stomach as you looked through the photos before raising your head to look at Giorno and Bucciarati with furrowed brows and lightly parted lips.

"What the fuck is this?" You asked. "Who the hell gave you these?"

"We don't know. They were with the mail." Bucciarati said. You looked back down at them before sitting down on the couch. You dropped the photos and ran your hands over your face.

"Maybe going to the ball isn't a good idea," Giorno said, throwing his pencil down.

"We have to go," Bucciarati said.

"It would raise a lot of suspicions if we didn't go," You said, raking your hands through your h/c hair. "You both hold high positions in Passione. Not showing up would bring our name in the dirt, and it would make everyone curious as to why Bucciarati wasn't speaking."

"Your life is in danger," Giorno snapped.

"And I can handle myself," You snapped back, standing to your feet. "All of you think that I'm some defenseless damsel in distress who can't protect herself! How the hell do you think I've managed to get this far? It is sure as hell wasn't because you saved me. You saw me when I was unable. I understand that. But you have to understand that I am not helpless. I'm in Passione for a reason. I didn't get in on pity."

"Y-Y/n.."

"Go eat something. We have a big day tomorrow." You said, walking out the door.  

You ignored whatever Mista said to you and went upstairs to your room. You locked your door behind you and went to the bathroom, opening the door and looked down at the trashcan. You grabbed a piece of the paper you had torn up and held it up to the light, squinting when you saw something move. You scoffed and gathered the other pieces, doing the same. That's how they found you. 

"Destroy it completely," You snapped as your stand formed behind you as you left the room. You threw the closet door open and dropped on your knees to dig through the boxes. 

"I did as you asked." It said, whipping behind you. "What are you doing?"

"I'm done with this shit," You snapped, pulling out a notebook. You sat on your haunches, flipping through the pages before stopping and running your finger down the page. "I'm calling them tomorrow and I'm putting a stop to this."

"So you finally wised up, huh?"