33. BONUS CHAPTER I: TIME FLIES

As he sat on the business class private chamber of his flight, he unfurled the letter given to him by Saket and started reading the contents... It made his eyes swell a little while his lips arched into a tiny smile and finally read the question asked at the end of the letter, "What is the most cherishable childhood memory of yours?"

He started recalling and thinking... And unknowingly fell asleep. His eyes woke up lazily after around five hours and he again began pondering the answer to the question and ultimately got the answer.

On reaching London on Sunday evening, he got so busy that he couldn't send his reply. Finally, on Monday evening he wrote his reply via a WhatsApp message, "Hope you are doing fine. I have reached London... Sorry, I couldn't reply to you immediately. Thanks for your letter. About that question, the most cherishable moment were the days of my school when my mother used to come during recess time and feed me with her own hands. The tiffin she used to prepare had that amazing taste... Sometimes Puran Poli, Poha, Kothimbir Vadi. After she left me, I could never enjoy my tiffin that way. Most of the time, I used to give it away to my friends. And my question to you is, "What is the one thing in childhood that you wanted badly but couldn't get?"

Though the message had reached her at midnight, she saw it the next morning when she was getting ready to join the hospital after such a long time. She too couldn't reply immediately and finally got time on Wednesday during the early morning hours after completing her twenty-seven-hour long shift and finally replied, "I am finally in Bangalore back to my normal life... Thanks for answering the question and also asking one to me. There was an amusement park in Lonavala in those days. I wanted to go and sit on each of the rides here... carousel, Ferris wheel, bumper boats, and water rides too. The ticket for one person was around a hundred rupees. Maa could afford one for me if I would have forced her, but what about my other friends at the orphanage? She would never leave them behind and take only me to the park. The total cost for taking fifty children there would have been around five thousand rupees, the price of almost half a month's grocery, so I never told her that I wanted to go there. Here is my question, What is the one thing in childhood that you wanted to do but couldn't do?"

The series of questions and replies continued and somehow unknowingly a day was set for the replies. Amna used to send her reply with a question on Wednesday and he used to reply either on Saturday or Sunday with his question, the days he was a little free from his work.

Apart from these messages, there were some casual ones too, a few phone calls and on rare occasions, even a video call. They could have been more frequent but the time gap between London and India was a barrier. Plus their work schedules didn't match at all.

Shreekant|Amna ^^ 

"I wanted to meet someone again... I was around five years or so. She was roughly my mother's age... She was the one who told me that people become angels when they die and those angels are visible to humans as stars. I don't remember her face or anything apart from her words. I met on the last day of my school before summer or winter vacation... Again I don't remember... But I searched for her around the school a couple of times but she was never seen again. She was the first crush of the little Shreekant. I still want to meet her and thank her sincerely. Question for you, Who was your first crush?"

"Lee Min Ho... He is a South Korean actor. The day I saw him in Boys over flowers, I decided that I would one day marry him. He was perfect in every aspect. With time, he became more and more handsome... Heirs, Legend of the blue sea, and the latest one King the eternal Monarch... 🙈🙈 Question for you, What is your biggest fear?"^^

 "My biggest fear is that my loved ones will one day leave me and go somewhere, what's yours?"

"Similar to yours, I fear abandonment. When I was small, I would sometimes think that my parents abandoned me because I was unwanted. Question for you, What is the one thing you hate in people?^^