36. BONUS CHAPTER IV: FEW MORE PROBLEMS

Glossy beads of rain sprinkled against the car's window while the smokiness of the overcast sky spread over the entire Mumbai. The moon had hidden in the vast black carpet and he could feel his heart palpitating irregularly inside his chest. 

His inner conscience was abusing, threatening, and tormenting him and it was becoming tougher and tougher for him to bear his own feelings. A weakness pulled him a few moments later, hulling him into a momentary closure of eyes as he was breathing deeply. His mind demanded an answer impatiently from his heart that was in excruciating pain. 

Driving his car at an unimaginable speed he reached Mhatre Niwas. He made a rapid exit from the hall and locked himself inside his room. He collapsed on the couch, still drenching with water. He couldn't move his muscles anymore. He angrily opened his wet shirt and threw it over the floor. The room was only illuminated by a dim lampshade and he turned his head to look at the marriage photo hung on one of the walls. 

He stood up from his place and took out a bottle of scotch from his cupboard, and walked towards the photo. The reflection of his chiseled body was seen on the glass of the photo and moments later he collapsed on the floor near the bed.

He looked at the bottle intently with a stiffened face before gulping down the bitter liquid down his throat, "How can I? This is totally wrong... Why? Why? I only love you. I want to be with you. I only love you" He gritted his teeth before slamming his clenched fist over the hard marbled floor.

His stomach was grumbling and growling and his heart was too. He was angry and guilty of his feelings. He didn't have the strength to fix something for himself. He was already confused and guilt-ridden and it was becoming very difficult for him to decipher the way he was feeling for her.

Gulping the liquid again as fast as he could, his hands stretched for the side table's drawer, and he took out the letter. As he kept holding the open letter between his fingers, thinking the same thing over and over again, his eyes began to betray him and started closing on their own.

His mind began visualizing things and he saw himself standing in a dark room with a little light coming from the direction of a person standing. Anna stood in front of him, her hand stretched out towards him and she said in a loving tone, "Come, let's go. Take my hand and we will be together, just how you wanted."

His face gleamed with happiness and he wondered, "How much have I missed her?"

She asked again, "What happened don't you want to come with me? Take my hand and come. You were waiting for me, right?"

Just as he was about to hold her hand, he heard someone's laughter around him and he rolled his eyes to find the source. He knew who was the person laughing but why couldn't he see her?

"Why are you looking here and there? I am in front of you. Come..."

He took a deep breath, closed his eyes, and blurted slowly, "How can I come with you?"

"Why can't you come with me? Didn't you say that you wanted to live and die with me? That you love me..."

"I am sorry... I am very very sorry, I am such an evil person, How could I forget you? How can I think of her...?"

She smiled, "Do you think you will lose me if you are with her?", she smiled again, "Have forgotten the contents of the letter? You can never lose me because I belong to your heart. Maybe in real life, I am not around but you own a part of me. No matter what happens, you will always love me and I know that. But right now you need to be with her. She needs you and you need her. Moving on, and falling in love again doesn't mean you are forgetting me. I was so happy to see you falling in love again, seeing you smile with her, seeing you making her a part of your life, a part of you"