PROLOGUE

"My fate has always tried to cheat to win against me. Just like a ragged doll whose strings are pulled by someone extremely cunning, my destiny was also played with by the almighty," she thought to herself as her vision kept on getting blurred again and again temporarily while her left palm brushed against the withered leaves and twigs leaving behind an irregular trail of tiny blood drops.

Her motion was temporarily halted as a part of her brown kurta got stuck in one of the sharp edges of wild bushes who were the only ones, who heard her agony and tried to stop the affliction she was undergoing. But with a huge stroke of force that pulled her right wrist as diabolically as possible, he ended the small and weak interference of nature causing her dress to tear down near her waist exposing her bare cold skin.

Her lips were mumbling silent prayers as her belief was still not shaken... Even by the slightest bit. The same God who was the reason for her misery was also the same one who had driven her out from every problem, making her the strong woman she was, at least a few hours ago. Although her physical strength was mutilated by the clutches of a devil, her heart and mind were still strong even in the face of such an enormous diversity.

Her eyes were getting shut automatically while she jerked her face to keep them apart, only to see the hazy sky faintly evident through the arches of the huge trees and thought to herself, "My bad luck has punched me again, and this time it's really hard."

Her eyes were trailing a fresh pail of tears and they dripped from the corner of her eyes to the merciless floor of the gigantic jungle, "Nothing more unfortunate can befall now, but I will not give up. I did what I had to do. I did the right thing. I will try to persevere until my last breath. Why can't I see anything? Please I don't want to die, please god save me. When someone is about to die their whole life flashes in front of them, it's damn true. Even in these moments, I will not be frightened because I believe this can't be my end, I believe..."

These were her relentless desperate thoughts while being dragged by a masked man wearing a brown hoodie through the dark forests of Belgaum where silence howled with no one to hear her pleading. It was a dark moonless night. Her inner voice was screaming every second, putting up belligerence for existence, but her vulnerable and defenseless body was unable to pay any heed to the endless battle of endurance.

As the man was driving the car, carrying her in the back seat to a nearby bridge, her subconscious was shrieking for help, but her lips could only whimper soft moans. She was still semi-conscious and could see the hazy figure of the stout man who was driving the car. She lifted her arm with trembling fingers to stop him from taking her wherever she was being taken.

Her grip was not strong enough to stop the man and she could only brush her thin fingers against his leather jacket. As he felt the gentle touch of hers, he tilted his head slightly and gave an evil grin, "Don't worry too much, you will be attaining salvation soon"

The car halted in the lonely place and the man yanked her barely alive body out. Gasping himself closer to her earlobe "You already know more than you should, so you have to die". He then turned her, with her face now facing while his palms were tightly squeezing her arms.

She could see his masked face from the dim corner of her eyes while he was all ready to push her from the bridge. Her hands were still trying to catch hold of something to prevent her from falling but the only thing she could grip was his forearm. Loosening her grip, with his other hand, he finally succeeded in shattering the last attempt of hers to save herself and threw her into the river.

He then took out his phone, called someone, and informed, "The work is done, that girl is out of our way"