13. The One Who Knows Everything...

11:00 AM, 31st March, Mhatre Group Head Office, Mumbai

Shreekant was inside his cabin, going through the details of Disha, "Her date of birth is 1990, she can't be Anna's sister, she is, in fact, one year older than her. The mother's name mentioned here is Sarita Agarwal, but the father's name is missing in the column... Anyway, her mother is the one who can answer me, regarding the whereabouts of Anna's little sister. I need to meet her mother as soon as possible, I will message Amna the address of Disha's home. This is the proper time... Disha will be in the office, I can meet her mother without any problem"

He messaged Amna the address and rushed out of the cabin in haste to meet her.

11:08 AM, 31st March, Mhatre Group Head Office, Records Department, Mumbai

Disha walked up to the info desk at the records department, "Ravi, I need the details of last year research project at Udayvara village"

"Hey Disha, long time no see, very busy I guess... Please wait for a few minutes, I will check and give you "

"What to do Ravi, people in this office need everything perfectly and in time, not a second of mine is spared"

As he searched the details on the computer, he casually spoke, "Today Shreekant sir called, I got really tensed but then he said he needed your joining details, I think some good news is up for you... Perhaps a promotion, don't forget to treat me"

Disha widened her eyes and gaped her mouth, "Shreekant sir, asked for my joining details?"

"Yes... He did, and said it was very urgent"

She paused herself for a moment, "Why was he asking for my joining details? Was he trying to confirm my identity? Does he know my real reason for joining the company? But how can he know, I was extra careful? Then... perhaps, did he ask for the details, to confirm my mother's name? First Anna and now he... I can't trust anyone from the Mhatre family, they can do anything". She pressed her lips in tension with her hands trembling.

"Ravi, give me the details later, I have some urgent work" and she dashed towards Shreekant's cabin

She was breathing heavily when she finally reached there, "Hey, you are Shreekant sir's secretary right? Is he still in his cabin?" she asked a short lady wearing a black saree and blue-rimmed spectacles who sat just outside his cabin.

"No, he is not in his cabin... He went out in a hurry to someplace around 10 mins ago ." On hearing her answers she felt as if her worst fears had come true, beads of sweat gathered on her forehead, "I know where he might have gone, before he asks my mother anything, I must reach there and stop him... It will take around 25 mins from here to reach the office, he must have taken his car, traffic can delay him. If I go on my scooty, I may reach my home before him, please God, just once show me the magic of Mumbai traffic"

She dialed a number on her phone and ran hastily to the parking lot. Meanwhile, both Amna and Shreekant were on their way to reach the address.

11:45 AM, 31st March, Disha's house

Amna reached the place first to see no one around and called Shreekant, "Where are you? I have already reached the place"

"I am reaching in within 2 mins, just wait for me. I was stuck in traffic" He replied in a short breath, disconnecting the call immediately after replying.

She patiently waited for him to come. A few minutes later he finally reached and rushed out of his car towards her, "You didn't see anyone going out of the house?"

"No... But how can you be sure that her mother still lives with her?"

"I have heard a couple of times Disha talking to her mother and she has taken leaves many times from my father stating that she has to take her mother for a medical check-up"