12. The One Whom He Already Knew...

8:30 AM, 31st March, Mhatre Niwas

Anant Mhatre was sitting with his wife Aruna and son Saket on the opulent walnut-colored classic European designer dining table and having breakfast while Disha was standing just next to Anant holding a Tablet in her hand, briefing him about his schedule.

"Sir, today you have four meetings. Daksh sir will be joining you in all four via video conferencing from the Bangalore Head Office of ROYMHA"

"What about the new consignment we are sending to South Korea?"

"The market value of the drug is quite good in South Korea, immediate profits... Daksh sir has taken an excellent decision, it will bring about 34% profit despite the market fluctuation"

He smirked, "My decisions are never wrong, making him the MD of ROYMHA at Bangalore Head office was correct, ever since he started working there our company has reached new heights"

On hearing this, Aruna glared at Saket and then turned her head to Anant and said in a very polite and concerned manner, "I am very worried about Shreekant, I mean he has just lost his wife, Will he be able to manage Mhatre Group of Hotels? For the time being why don't we make Saket the temporary MD, until Shreekant recovers from the huge emotional turmoil in his life"

Anant dropped his spoon and looked at her, "I know my son well. He is capable of managing his business despite anything. For the position of MD at ROYMHA, he was my first choice but he preferred taking over the restaurants and not the pharma company. At least I was relieved he joined the family business, otherwise... He is my son after all, just because he made one wrong decision of marrying that woman, that doesn't make him incapable, what do you think Disha?"

"Sir, you are absolutely right. Shreekant sir has already started coming to the office and also headed the stockholders meeting very proficiently with the board members yesterday. He even invited some famous international restaurant reviewer to publicize our restaurant chain who is currently staying in our Outhouse"

"He invited someone to that outhouse... As far as I remember, he didn't allow anyone to even enter that place because that woman used to spend a lot of time there. It's good that he is forgetting about her." He turned his face towards Aruna and clasped her palm, "See, I told you are getting worried unnecessarily."

Just as they were conversing, Shreekant plodded down the stairs with an elegant blue suit fixing his tie and going towards the main door of the house.

Aruna called his name in a loud voice, "Shreekant, why don't you have breakfast with us today?

He turned towards them and with a big sarcastic smile, "Hearing your voice first in this beautiful early morning has already spoiled my entire day, Mrs. Mhatre. I have no interest to have breakfast with you to spoil it even more" He walked away angrily stomping his feet.

"This boy will never learn to respect you Aruna", Anant slammed his fist against the table and threw the napkin he was holding in a fit of temper.

"He may not respect me... But still, he is my son. He may consider me as his stepmother, but I love him as dearly as Saket or Mishka", she said in a downhearted tone looking at Anant.

Saket saw all this and took a deep sigh, looking at Aruna, "I am also going to the office" and left hastily.

Disha looked on and thought, "What a beautiful Family drama is going on here? This woman is the real-life reincarnation of a chameleon. Till when will I have to tolerate all this nonsense? Every time I bow before this man I feel someone is cutting my chest open and pulling my heart out. Just a little more time and my patience will definitely pay me back" She gritted her teeth, clutching the pen tightly in her hand as she glared at them