10. Sound Of Death...Again...

7:00 PM, 29th March, Mhatre Niwas, Anant and Aruna's Room

Aruna took out her phone and dialed up a number while resting comfortably in her armchair. "Hello, Roopali... Aruna here, how are you?" She excitedly greeted the person on the other side as she held a glass of wine in her hand. 

"Hi Aruna, long time no call... Well, I am very busy but equally worried. There has been no gain in TRP this week for my channel. I mean have people stopped getting themselves into scandals or what?" She burst into laughter while playing with a pen in her hand.

"Well, in that case, I can help you... I have a really terrific piece of news, exclusive only for your channel"

"Really... What is the news?"

"Check your email... I have sent some very interesting pics of Shreekant" She smirked as she completed her sentence.

Roopali opened her email and checked the pics, "Wow Aruna... You are really fabulous, where did you get this from?"

She chuckled shaking the wine glass in her hand, "A trader never tells his secrets"

"But are you sure? I mean Shreekant is your family after all and who is this woman?"

"I am very sure... The responsibility of finding the identity of the woman is yours. But in return for this exclusive tidbit, I need something from you."

"Sure... Anything"

"I want an exclusive interview of my son Saket in your show"

"That's not a problem at all, It's a done deal then". Aruna then smirked again looking at her phone and messaged "Good work, you will be rewarded soon" to an unknown number who had shared the pics with her.

Just as she was sitting calmly, a young man in his late twenties barged into her room and screamed, "Mom, What are you doing? I just heard everything from outside, why are you doing this?"

She stood up from her chair, putting away the glass she was holding on the table, and went near him, "Don't you understand anything? I am doing this for you, my son"

"Really? Are you not doing this for yourself? Just to satisfy your ego? Why do you hate Shreekant and Daksh so much? They are my brothers after all" He shot all his questions in one go.

"Brothers? My foot... They are not my sons, Daksh is the MD of ROYMHA, Shreekant is the MD of Mhatre Group of Hotels, What are you exactly? All you do is follow them like a dog, I want you to be the Chairman" She angrily looked at him while tightening her palms around his arms.

"You and Papa are just the same, do you people even care for us? Do you really want to know who is most capable of managing the company amongst us? It's Mishka... But all you did was to force her into a marriage to that drunkard and womanizer Mahesh. For a moment, even if I understand your hatred towards my stepbrothers, What about Mishka? She is your own daughter... I don't know when I last saw her smiling." He snapped at her gesturing her to let go of him.

"All I did was for Mishka's good, because of that marriage, she has rights over ROYMHA now," She said in a low voice gritting her teeth.

"Whatever you are doing can never be good for anyone, as far as I know you... Shreekant has just lost his wife, at least leave him alone right now" He warned fisting his palm tightly and staring directly at her face.

He then angrily strode away from the room, dashing the door with a loud thud while she looked at him with enraged eyes and threw her wine glass on the floor.

"He can never understand me, but anyways, this is the right time... Shreekant was already out of his father's good books because he married that Christian woman. A few more mistakes by him and then he is out... My son will take his position. He has been already emotionally unstable because of Anna which has made my work even easier" She thought as she clutched her palms and grinded her teeth.