38. BONUS CHAPTER VI: LET'S BEGIN AGAIN

Amna was just discharged from the hospital a few minutes ago and Shreekant had brought her early in the morning without informing either Disha or Sarita.

"Where are you taking me, Shreekant? That too on a Sunday... Where are we going so early?" She was continuously questioning him as she sat in the front seat of the car, waiting impatiently for him to answer her.

"Be patient Amna, and don't ask too many questions, we will be reaching soon in another ten minutes." He was in his casual office get-up with a brown shirt and grey trousers and was trying hard to conceal his expressions.

Amna was dressed in a regular blue kurta and leggings, her hair roughly tied in a bun, and was wearing slippers. Her face was slightly shrunken perhaps because of the two days of fabulous vacation within the four walls of the closed ward of the hospital with Disha and Shreekant chiding and yelling at her even if she tried moving slightly.

The car halted near a place where an amusement park was under construction, Amna asked letting out a small laugh, "I am not in a mood to visit an amusement park, right now... Look there... It's under construction"

Shreekant laughed, "I know, it's a project under Mhatre construction. Just come with me" Both of them got down from the car and Shreekant gestured her to him. She followed him into the place. The place had many rides and Amna's puckered face arched onto a beautiful smile remembering something and spoke with a crackling voice, "I will visit the place once, it's fully constructed"

He made her walk for around fifteen minutes and finally halted near a carousel. He looked up at her and spoke, "This is the place where your parents used to live... This place was your parent's home twenty-five years ago. As both were employees at YM, they lived in the quarters provided by the company. Those houses were broken long ago and but this construction was undertaken last year"

She smiled without a stop and a lone tear trickled down her cheeks. She looked at him intently while her lips mumbled, "This is the best memory that you have gifted me. The memory of the place which existed in my family's hearts."

She took her phone out and clicked a few pictures. After moving around the area for some more time she finally said, "Thank you for this, it's the best gift I ever got from someone but now we need to go... I want to do some work, this sitting, eating, and sleeping routine doesn't suit me at all"

She was walking towards the exit until she was stopped by a loud clear voice;

Dear Shreekant,

You must be thinking why did I write a letter? I could have directly told you... The thing is, I am really bad at expressing my feelings, especially when it comes to some special people in my life. 

This letter contains some of the things which I wanted to say to you. The meeting we had yesterday felt a little incomplete to me after you went away. First, a big thanks for being with me all this time.

As she heard him speak, she could not help but turn herself towards him and uttered slowly, "This is the letter I gave you years ago... Why are reading it, like this now?" 

Her words didn't break his trance even for a single second and he continued, holding the paper in his hand but was not looking into it instead he kept on reciting staring directly at her face, "The time we spent together will be within me forever. It was a journey of self-discovery and most importantly a mirror reflection of my real identity. How much I think of it, despite all danger, mishappenings, hospital admissions, I am still glad that I met you."

"Your loss has and will always grief my heart and no matter what, I don't have the slightest idea on how to or what to, say or do for you. My pain was mitigated by the mere presence of you around me, the same presence which made me feel that I was not alone, but what about you?"