Bamboozled

8th November 2020

5 days until I die

The alarm goes off, signalling the arrival of the telepathic gorilla and his army.

"They are just outside the precinct." Cisco tells me, before I run out of the building.

When I get there, I am greeted by Grodd and his goons.

"Hello, Flash." He says in my mind.

I didn't even reply, I just went for him.

I jump to his face and swing my fist to his face.

Wait-

My punch went right through him.

"He's a hologram!" I yell through the comms. "They're all holograms!"

I knew it, Thawne tricked us!

Where is he though?

"That was quicker than expected." I hear his negative voice through the comms.

"Guys." I ask for a reply.

"Oh, they're fine. Just relaxing in a cell. Because this is between you and me." He laughs through my ears.

"What do you want?" I ask him, even though I knew the answer.

"I want to kill you, Barry." Yep, clearly. Planned out a whole manoeuvre to get me where he wants me. The bottom of his pit. As I get to the top, he pushes me back down.

"Of course you do." I say to myself.

"And in five days, I will." He tells me.

He turns the comms off and runs to me.

"But let me give you a taste." He says.

He runs and punches me, knocking me to the ground.

He uses his speed to continuously punch me in the gut. But I phase through his punches, get up and then push him to the ground.

"Looks like you have had enough." He says, smirking at me before running away.

I can't be bothered to chase him, so instead I go back to STAR LABS and enter the pipeline.

I open up the cells one by one, releasing my friends.

We all return to the cortex and discuss.

"So, how are we going to beat him? We don't have another Eddie Thawne to erase him from existence." Cisco asks.

"I don't know. What we need right now is Gideon." I tell them.

"How are we going to get her back? Eobard has control." Wally questions.

"I don't know." I say truthfully.

I sit down and put my face in my hands, rubbing my forehead and wiping the sweat off.

"Hey, are you ok?" Caitlin asks me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, it's just, if I am to die, be happy. Stay for the team, for me." I tell her, but she shakes her head.

"We're not losing you. We've beat him multiple times, we can beat him again." She says, sitting next to me.

"I don't know, this time it feels too, real." I admit, shaking my head.

"What's going on between you two?" Cisco asks us.

"We're together." I smile, looking back at Caitlin.

"My ship!" Cisco exclaims, making both me and Caitlin laugh.

"Wow, Cisco, wow." I chuckle.

"What?" He whined. "It's hard not to ship you two."

The moment gets interrupted by none other then Iris West.

"Guys, how is Wally-"

She stops as she notices the famous Barry Allen sitting in the chair in front of her.

"Barry?" She asks.

I have to admit, it is very bizarre looking at Iris. I literally killed her, and now she is standing in front of me. It's very uncomfortable for me at the moment, even Cisco saw that.

"Iris. Uh, hi." I scratch the back of my neck.

"Oh my God!" She exclaims, putting me in a really uncomfortable hug.

This is so awkward.

"Why didn't any of you tell me he was alive!" She yells at them.

"Because there would be no point." Cisco answers. "He's dying in five days if we don't stop it."

"What? Barry, is this true?" She asks.

"Yeah, it's true." I reply.

"Ok, why are you being so awkward, Barry?" Wally asks me.

"Huh? Wha- I'm no- uh, I'm not being awkward." I stutter, making Wally shake his head.

"Uh, yeah. Do you hear yourself? You're like Bill from IT." He says.

"Well, I kinda-"

"He didn't think he would see Iris." Cisco lies for me.

"No, I think it's good if they know the truth." I tell him. "I am not from this timeline, neither is Caitlin, Wells, Jesse and Kara. I made a new timeline, called Flashpoint. I lived there for a few months until I had to go back but when I did, things weren't the same. Dante died, Caitlin got her Frost powers, Wally got speed. Everything that changed was my fault, that made Cisco despise me. I almost died but the speed force saved me, I turned evil, I became Savitar. I killed Iris in front of everyone. I- Oh my God, I became like Thawne." I explain to them, leaving them wide-eyed.

"So, you were evil?" Iris asks.

God! Did she not just listen to a damn word I just said?

"Yes, I did." I say calmly.

"Like a super villain?" Wally asks.

Oh for Gideon's sake!

"YES!" I shout with my red eyes.

Iris steps back and Wally squares up to me.

"Wally, calm down." Cisco tells him.

He does as he is told to and steps down.

I have no idea what is going to happen, all I know is that I want to spend every second with the people I love.

Cisco, Joe, Jesse, Wells. Iris?

Caitlin.

Caitlin Snow, the love of my life.

I don't want to watch her cry because I am gone. I want her to be happy and find her love.

It would kill me if I saw her have a hard time dealing with my death.

It would ruin me.