The Death Of Barry Allen? Part 2

Here I am, STAR LABS.

Is Caitlin here?

No.

Is that bad?

I think so.

I was hoping to explain myself yesterday, but I never had the chance.

I enter the cortex and see Cisco sitting at the desk with Kara, Jesse and Wells.

"Uh, how long have you guys been here?" I ask them, standing in front of The Flash suit.

"Since last night." Cisco answers.

"What?" I yell. Why the hell would they stay up all night like this.

"Because Thawne threatened us when you left. He said that if we try to help you in combat he'll kill all of us." He replied.

"So, we're trying to help you without fighting with you." Jesse says.

"Just forget it guys, go home, have a nap. I'm sure Thawne won't be here for a few hours." I tell them.

"No! We are not losing you, not again." Kara yells, making me flinch. "We've lost you too many times, we aren't doing it again."

"You don't have a choice! Me and Cisco has seen what happens, tell them Cisco! Tell them how Eobard Thawne shoved his hand into my chest and ripped out my heart!" I snap at them.

Wells, Kara and Jesse look at me and Cisco in shock.

"Listen, I get that you want to save me, but you can't save a dead man." I tell them.

"We can try." Jesse says.

"No, just go home." I repeat, but this time, they leave.

I slump down on a chair and stare at my suit.

I'm going to die. Why do I keep thinking about that?

I hear light clicking from the corridors. I know those clicks. Caitlin.

I turn around and there she is, walking in, avoiding eye contact.

I stand up and follow her.

"Caitlin." I get her attention.

"No, Barry." She says, sitting her bag down.

"Please, just let me explain." I beg her.

"Explain that you kissed your ex? Explain that you made me believe you loved me, and just went and did that!" She scoffs.

"Please, it wasn't like that!" I tell her.

"Then what was it like?" She yells as she turns around, and that is when I see the state of her.

She has tear-filled eyes, an angry and sad expression.

"She kissed me, I pushed her off, I swear. She just threw herself at me, I did not kiss her back. I promise you, I would never do that to you!" I explain to her.

"Why?" She asks, still having tears in her eyes.

"She's just like Iris from the other timeline, manipulative, needy." I tell her, walking back into the cortex main room.

I turn around at her and say, "She makes me want to kill her, all over again. She tried making everyone believe that I hurt her for no reason."

She steps up to me and places her hand on my cheek.

"I belive you." She says.

"You do?" I ask her.

"Yes. I know what Iris is like, you know I saw her shoot you through the breach when you returned with Jesse and Wells, so I know who to believe." She tells me.