Percy

The wall shattered. As the monsters surged towards us I recognized some of them. Thorn, The neamen lion and Polyphemus. The swarm came at us, I decided to do something stupid.  I jumped on top of them. That's right, I ran on top of the army of monsters. 

It went well until I slipped. I fell down and I was in the middle of the army. So I did what any normal person would do. I swung my sword around in circles. The monster dust was all around me as the monsters crumbled before they could get near me. I saw my new satyr friend get grabbed and shoved in Polyphemus's mouth. I threw riptide at the cyclops but I was to late. He brung his disgusting teeth down on him. My sword plunged into the cyclops's eye. In my rage I charged him. All the monsters that tried to stop me were killed immediately by my personal hurricane. I jumped up and used the Neamen lion as a vault. I landed on the cyclops head and pulled the blade out. I proceeded to decapitate the cyclops. As he crumbled I hit the floor with a roll. I used the water to open the lions mouth. I threw Riptide into its gullet and it let out a roar of pain.

I was once again reunited with its hide. I tossed it to Annabeth who used it as a shield from Thorns constant attacks. Coach ran behind him and smashed the Manticores head with his bat. Thorn fell and we continued. A dracaena wielding a sword was in combat with Rachel. Rachel was ducking and weaving. The sword eventually hit her but it passed right threw her body. She smiled before grabbing the head of her opponent and slamming it into her knee. She then brought down the sword on the dracaena. Being a mortal was useful.

We were pushing back the monsters. Each time they tried to push against us we won. 5 of us were beating an army. Well you learn something new everyday. As we finished of the last of the monsters I heard a loud smash and I saw what looked like a barrier around the school fade. We had won. The police then came pouring in.

Annabeth POV:

The Police sent us all back homes and they had all of our numbers. They had chalked it down to a terrorist attack. 58 had died in the initial explosion. 6 more died from injuries and Jack was counted as missing. We went back home. Among the dead was Kyle, Simon both of Percy's friends 2 teachers, the headmaster and the rest were kids. 

It felt horrible knowing we could have prevented it all.  But we had to push it aside. We had saved the rest of them. The monsters had come to feed on the mortals and kill us. If we had died so would everyone else.

The Police kept questioning everybody and couldn't find a good enough story. Eventually they chalked it down to a few suicide bombers and a shooter. When we got home I cried into Percy's arms. 

"Wise girl"

"Yeah"

"I wanna go to camp" He begged

"Me to" I said "what do you say we move away for a bit, Go to a different school?"

"I'd like that idea."

"Yeah me to"

We headed of to camp. It was time to get a fresh start.