Chapter 48 - your future

Chapter 48

They had to leave the inn around 4 am. The sun wasn't up yet, but the small beams of light were starting to paint the sky slightly orange. The harsh wind made it hard to look at the surely stunning sunrise that was forming.

Izuku lent him one of his coats that had a hood, was a black color and was nicely warm. It didn't stop him from shivering when they entered the wildness that surrounded them.

Shigaraki was on his move, coming their way and the safest path was walking. Any car would leave trails and makes too much noise, plus, he was sure their enemy had someone with a hearing quirk like Jiro.

They moved fast, Izuku held him by his side the entire time, giving Katsuki his warmth. Izuku didn't wear as much as he did, just a plain, thicker jacket and warmer pants. No gloves, hat, or scarf like Katsuki wore. This guy wasn't even shivering and it made Katsuki think if he was still alive.

Their hot breath turned into mist, showing just how cold it was. The high trees around them blocked the wind a bit so that was good, and they were perfectly hiding them from enemies too.

The thing that made him worried was their footsteps they left behind. It's not like they could mask every step, that would take forever but it still created a perfect path.

"By the time Shigaraki comes here, they are gonna disappear, don't worry." His thoughts were stopped by Izuku's low, sleepy voice. They were taking a shortcut, at least that's what Izuku said, that was taking them straight to their first camp.

"I hope-" Izuku stopped him by putting his hand in front of him, pulling him behind a fir. It was hard to see, but his ears worked perfectly. Somebody was cursing about the cold while another two were calming him down.

Three people, two of them wearing gear and holding guns, the third one was probably a leader, and by the sound of their voice, it was someone around their thirties. Quirks were yet to discover so no attacks until they were sure it won't bring them a disadvantage.

"Ya znayu, chto ty zdes!" The rough voice called out, telling him they knew about them. Izuku didn't put his hand down, still holding him close. "Pokazhi sebya!"

If Katsuki was alone now, he would laugh cause he didn't understand shit. What did they expect him to do? Go there and say 'hey can you repeat that but in a language I know?'.

Izuku understood what they said and gritted his teeth. Katsuki was useless since it was winter and his body was frozen to the bone, so his quirk won't be of any help. Izuku could easily take them down, but still hesitated, which made him hesitate too.

If there was already one group, who knows how many are around them. This was like a hunt and for the first time, they were the prey. Izuku moved his head so he was facing him, then slightly kneeled and petted his hair. He kissed his forehead, before moving his head to be close to Katsuki's ear.

"I want you to stay here while I put them down." More than a million reasons flashed in his head to stay with Izuku. Katsuki maybe didn't have his quirk, but he was capable of giving a helping hand.

Izuku shushed him up before he could protest with his index finger, cupping Katsuki's cheek when he was sure the other stays quiet. "It's gonna be alright, just give me a few minutes."

'No' his mind screamed, but Izuku was already walking off. Katsuki did as Izuku told him and stayed there, sitting down and listening to his surroundings.

It was quiet, Izuku used his quirk so he won't hear him, but the footsteps of other people were unmissable. The wind changed its direction, so he knew where Izuku was attacking.