Chapter 50 - right now

Chapter 50

Wait... What?! His feet stopped walking, while his brain was unable to take in the information. They promised to stay by each other's side, to get things done together. Why would Izuku do this!?

"Mister?" Katsuki completely ignored the nurse, taking a step back. She reached a hand to stop him, but he pushed it away. Izuku is alone, and he doesn't know what's happening to him. Not for long.

"Please come with me." The nurse said, now a bit eager to get him back. He turned around, disobeying her order, and ran. As much as his lungs told him to stop running because the cold air tore them apart, as much as his feet started to get cold, snow in his boots making everything worse, he didn't stop.

Snowflakes hit his face, melting right away, making his face wet, but he didn't care. He needed to be next to Izuku, no matter what. The nurse ran after him, yelling at somebody to catch him, but they didn't stay a chance, he had hero training after all.

The fastest way to get to his man was by some vehicle, and he knew exactly where to get one. With a proud smile on his face, he ran past a soldier who tried to grab him without any success and went straight to the tent with snowmobiles.

He sat on the closest one, pulling out the recoil starter cord and waited until he felt resistance, and then pulled it firmly. The engine started on the first try, he had to thank Dabi after all this for his lessons.

Driving a snowmobile was similar to driving a motorcycle, and since Katsuki had the main driving things in his head, it was easy to get out of the tent.

This was a wilder ride than he was used to, but the soldiers were close and he can't risk going slow and get caught. He took a deep breath and added speed, driving through a group of people in front of the tent.

The thing was fast, Katsuki could barely keep up with it. It's been a while since he drove, but it was still an amazing feeling. The stress, the adrenalin, and happiness, all mixing were creating butterflies in his chest.

The map with the red line he memorized was probably the path Izuku choose to go on. Idiot. If he wanted to stop Katsuki from following, he should have done better.

Katsuki took a turn around a tree, ending on a snowy road. If he followed it, he should be in the hideout for around twenty minutes. "I'm not leaving you, stop leaving me behind." He told himself, hearing the worrying soldiers behind him, telling him to come back before driving off,
.
.
.
During his twenty minutes ride, the weather turned unbelievably. The snow was getting thicker, and it was surely beloved 0°, but he was getting close. The gunshot in the distance was the proof.

To make sure the enemies didn't spot him, he turned off the engine and proceed his route by walking. When the hideout came to view, he noticed his surroundings were a mess.

Trees were all around the place and not all of them were in the right place. The snow was almost wiped out of the place, meaning somebody had to have wind or fire quirk.

The ground wasn't wet so he will go with the first thought. There were big chunks of ground on his side, surely not made naturally, and the pinkish fog was done by somebody too. If the worst comes, he will fight against a lot of powerful quirks as it seems.

In the middle of this mess was a two-story-high, concrete building with balconies all over it's front. It looked abounded, almost like a hospital but Katsuki didn't pay that no mind.

His eyes were on all the footsteps that led into the building. It was strange but what wasn't in this situation. He looked back at the hideout, glancing over the opened door before stepping in.