Prologue

😗sorry for any mistakes

Houston, TxFebruary 20th Monday

Houston, Tx
February 20th
Monday

Caydence jumped up alert to the sounds of her 3-year-old baby sister—Kory screaming to the top of her lungs. She quickly threw the thick white cotton comforter off her body, jumping up out of bed before running out of the room.

She ran straight to Kory's room which was only 2 doors down from her room. She busted into the room seeing her mother—Shelby beating little Kory with a thin switch while Kory was pushed up in the corner with no clothes on or pamper.

"Stop! Leave her alone!" Caydence quickly hurled Shelby out the way and stood in front of Kory who continued to scream in pain from the beating she was receiving.

"Don't you fuckin' touch her" Caydence warned, pointing her finger at her mother with tears in her eyes, already knowing her mother was going to take whatever anger she had on her like she was doing Kory.

This was normal for Caydence. Shelby beating on either of her children with no care in the world. She used the excuse of being their mother and was able to do whatever she pleased or any type of 'discipline' needed.

It's been happening since her husband also their father—Quincy was arrested when Shelby got pregnant with Kory. He was wrongfully accused, of being a black man and at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Shelby didn't take it well and dealt with being a single mother now quite rough.

"Move Cay befo' your next" Shelby spat at her but Caydence didn't back down. She had a lot of respect for her mother, even was her best friend once upon of time but that all went out the window once she started beating them. For no reason at that. Just because she was angry and depressed.

All the respect and love went out the window and she would fight her mother. Especially over Kory.

Caydence and Shelby have gotten into more than one physical altercation. Being the same height and body size except Shelby was a little strong than the 18 years.
Some fights Caydence won and Some Shelby won. It just depends but with Shelby having a switch in her hand, Caydence knew this might be a fight she would lose but she was okay with that.

As long as Kory wasn't getting hurt anymore.

She knew that whatever her mother was being Kory for was childish and unnecessary. It was only 7 in the morning and most likely, it was over Kory peeing in the bed. Since Kory just recently turned 3, she was still getting potty trained mostly by Caydence.