Chapter six

😗sorry for any mistakes

Houston, TxFebruary 3rd Saturday

Houston, Tx
February 3rd
Saturday

"I missed you too ma" Kacey chuckled a little, rocking side to side in a hug with his stepmom—Nadia. "I haven't seen you in so long boy! Yo' brother comes over but you don't, why?" She questioned, shifting her weight to one side and looking at him with a frown.

He lowly sighed and fixed the hat on top of his head "You kno' why, ma. I'on want to hear her mouth and hear how I'm a bad son" He spoke low, only feeling worse for not coming to visit his dad and stepmom more often.

Kacey wanted his mom's acceptance and love so much, that he did anything to try to keep her happy. But it seems as if nothing kept Cheyenne happy or at least proud of her son.

Although he had Nadia who loved him and cared for him from the beginning of her walking into his life, he couldn't help but crave for the same love and care from his birth mother.

He paid all her bills and bought her anything she wanted. Gave her money anytime she wanted. He never received anything much as a thank you from her. When he opened the auto shop with Kyro, she didn't even show up to support or text him how she was proud of him for following his dreams. She didn't even come to his high school graduation because she said she was 'busy'.

Nadia shook her head "You're old enough to pick and choose who you need and want in your life, Kacey. I understand the want of her in your life and I'm not speakin' out of jealousy. I'm speaking out of wanting you happy. One day, you have to see she isn't worth trying for" She spoke truthfully.

Kacey nodded, already knowing. He knew it was stupid to continue to try and try with his mother but he just couldn't let go. He couldn't let go of the idea of one day, she might love him as he wanted. One day she might treat him like a son instead of a burden or stranger.

"Come on. Dinner is almost ready. I would ask have you eaten but I already know the answer" She chuckled, turning around to walk towards the kitchen.

He sucked his teeth "Ma, that's not funny" He muttered, following behind her into the kitchen where he already smelled the fumes of jerk chicken. His stomach started growling but he knew if he ate, he was going to throw up once making it home.

He didn't want his night to be filled with him throwing up. Something he hated doing.

"Yeah it's not but why aren't you goin' to the doctor? To see what the problem is." She asked, standing at the stove now "You startin' to look sick sweetie" She frowned, checking on one of the pots.