Chapter seven

😗sorry for any mistakes

Houston, TxMarch 5th Monday

Houston, Tx
March 5th
Monday

"Nobody's sayin' you have to visit—

"I don't care. They aren't goin' ta' see either of us" Caydence rolled her eyes, cutting Quincy off from talking. She sat in her granny's living room on a collect call with Quincy.

For the first time out of all the calls with her dad, she couldn't wait for this one to end from how annoyed she was.

"Bubbles" Quincy sighed.

"No. They didn't care when I told them what she was doin' to us, now they want to see us? No. I don't care" Caydence scoffed and looked over at her granny who was shaking her head.

"Why do y'all both think I'm wrong?" She scrunched up her face in confusion. While her granny was at the supermarket today, she ran into Caydence and Kory's other grandma from their mom's side of the family. Her grandma was complaining to Mary about how she hadn't seen Kory since she was 3 and how it was unfair for Caydence to keep her away from family.

She was also expressing how she wanted to take Caydence to court for rights over Kory.

Mary furrowed her eyebrows, looking confused "No. If they wanted to see Kory, they would have told their daughter to get on her shit and not miss that court hearing last year. That's what I told her weird smelling like cigarettes ass" Mary scoffed, standing up from her spot on the couch.

Caydence truly loved her granny. She was so blunt and real.

"Thank you! They literally called me a liar when I had proof she was beating on us and kicked us out. Why should I care that they're mad they don't get to see Kory? They didn't care about her or they would have understood what their daughter did" Caydence spoke, very agitated now.

"I have custody of Kory. They did nothin' for her when she was born either. So they can kiss my black ass foreal" She scoffed.

"Watch yo' mouth now, Syncere" Quincy warned, making her roll her eyes again. "All I'm sayin' is not all of them didn't believe you. The people that were on your side don't deserve not to know who Kory is or see her Bubbles" He stressed.

"Well, I have custody over her right now. So she ain't going. You can take her over there when you get out then," She said before hanging up the phone. Her whole body was shaking at the moment, she wanted to cry so bad but she couldn't.

She didn't have time to cry.

"You're goin' to regret that Cay," Mary came back into the living room with two plates of food.