Chapter 27

[Ash’s POV]

It has been a few days since the incident and the commotion about my identity has died down a little. I still get people giving me glances when I go in public. But it isn’t bad.

Today I was visiting the store to buy some health items for my pokemon. Since the change of my plans I have been training harder. Now I will be using one pokemon for each match. This will take a toll on my pokemon a lot but this way I can save my best pokemon till the end. This will also put pressure on my opponents. Doing the whole battle with a single pokemon, yeah that’s something only a legend would do.

I remember my battle with Alain back at the school. I used only my Pikachu against his whole team and he didn’t stand a chance. Maybe he’d have trained harder by now but I still think I can win. Pikachu has got better at his aim now. So things are going good.

Charizard is still in recovery so he won’t be available for battles much. I doubt I can get him back to full health by the tournament. I guess Greninja is my trump card for now.

All my other Pokemon are at their best health and I’m sure we can make things work. All I need to do is make the right choice before each match. I don’t want any type advantage to pop up at the wrong time.

I was in Santalune city at the moment, Pikcahu was with me and Hilbert was back at home. As we walked some young trainers would approach me to ask questions or ask for my autograph. I felt kind of awkward giving mini interviews but it was a good experience.

Most of them would want to pet Pikachu and ask about his eye. Some would ask tips for battling. Some just wanted to say hello.

We reached the store and went inside. There weren’t many people inside but they were all trainers so they recognised me immediately and came to me. I was surrounded by them, they were all thrilled to see me. It was kind of uncomfortable even for Pikachu so he got nervous and released a shockwave which hit everyone in the store.

I apologised for the sudden surprise but they didn’t mind it. They asked a few questions about battling and stuff then went on with their work.

Finally I reached the counter.

“Hi, can I get these?” I said handing the shopkeeper a list of items. He carefully went through it.

“Yeah, we have all of the items. Just wait for a moment I’ll fetch them for you.” he said as he went to the shelves to get them.

I stood there looking at all the different medicinal items. The door opened and I looked up to find Dawn entering the store. She also noticed me and paused at the door.

“H-hi..” she whispered.

“Hey Dawn.” I replied, Serena had told me the incident about what had happened at the school with the girls. I was happy to hear about dawn.

She walked up to the counter slowly, and stood beside me. She didn’t say anything for a while but the man from the counter was not there so it was hard to stay quiet.

“I- uhh.. About th-” she started but was lost at words.

“I know.” I cut her off, might as well make things easy for her.

“Huh?” she looked up at me with confusion.

“Serena told me what happened at school that day.” I said.

“Oh.”

“Yeah, I was glad to hear about you though.” I said, she turned to look at me.

“Really?” she asked cheerfully.