Chapters 8

[Ash POV]

“Mmmmm… It's delicious Serena!” I exclaimed taking a bit from the food. Serena's mother allowed her to stay at my home. She helped me to my room and now she had prepared dinner for us, and man it's so good.

She giggled at my response, “thanks…” she said softly taking a bite from her plate. Since I couldn't move much, she had served the dinner in my room. After eating she and Pikachu put everything back to the kitchen.

While she was down with Pikachu, I began thinking about her. Ever since I had quit being a trainer, I lost all my friends. Everyone was so rude to me. People hated me everywhere I went. Even at school every student hated me including her, but now that she became my friend, thanks to professor sycamore, she started being good to me. She's helping me with my injuries and everything I needed. I don't know if she's helping me because she's my friends or because she sympathises me because of my needs. Is everything she's doing an act of kindness or an act of friendship? I've been without a friend for long that I've forgotten what friendship is really about.

By now tears had started to fall from my eyes. Just then Serena entered the room and saw me crying, her facial expression quickly changed from happy to worried. “Ash? What happened, why are you crying?” She asked quickly coming near me. I wiped my tears, “nothing, I was just thinking…. About you. About how you had been to me ever since you came to know about me. I don't know why I am thinking this but, are we really friends or are you doing all this just as an act of kindness and apology?” My head was down so I don't know her expression. I didn't got any reply for a few seconds which made me think that maybe I've hurt her feelings. “... I'm sorry if I've hurt your feelings. I don't know, it just came to my mind out of no-” suddenly I felt a warm sensation on my right cheek. It was soft and warm, it made me feel really comfortable on the inside. I opened my eyes and saw a blushing Serena.

“Everything I'm doing is not an act but my way of repaying you of how I treated you in the past. Of course I consider you my friend and don't worry, I'm not hurt by your words. I know how you must've felt without any friend, so it's natural for anyone to be self conscious about meeting people. After knowing so much about you, I don't know how to put this but… I've started to like you. I'm really glad that I got to know about you. Everything I thought about you were lies. You're nothing what people call you, instead you're even better than them.” She spoke, this made me feel really happy. Tears slowly rolled down my cheeks, I slowly managed to bring some words. “Thank you Serena, you're the only one who I can trust. You're really a good friend. Thank you so much!” I cried softly, Serena sat beside me and wiped my tears with her hand. Slowly pulled me in a hug. “Shhhhh. It's okay, don't need to cry. Quiet now. I'm here for you…” she said I a soothing voice, which calmed me down.

I pulled from the hug and gave her a little smile, “thanks…” I whispered. She returned the smile, “No problem.” She said softly. She then got up, “I must now go back home. I'll come back tomorrow.” She said, “you can stay here tonight if you want?” I suggested, she gave a puzzled look and asked, “where will I sleep?”. “The guest room, Greninja prepared the bed for you.” I replied, her eyes widened when she heard me. “Greninja? When did he come back?” She asked surprisingly. I chuckled a bit and replied, “he was at home the whole day. He just hid from your sight.” “wow, he's sneaky…” she gave an Impressed look. “Well, thanks for letting me stay. I'm going to the room. Good night.” She said then bent a little and gave a soft kiss on my cheek. She hopped to the door and exited it, she gave me a small wave before closing the door.

I just sat there mesmerized by the event, my right hand caressing the spot where she kissed. Then I laid back on my bed and went to sleep. Today has been a wonderful day, except for me falling in the hot pool.

---Time skip---

[Serena POV]

I was in the school, it was lunchtime and I had just got out of my class. As I made my way to the cafe, I heard an all so familiar painful cry. I immediately recognized it of Ash, but now my mind was full of worry rather than delight. I quickly rushed to the source of sound and found him on the floor surrounded by my old 'friends’. Ash had never wanted to start a fight in school and so he never countered for himself.

I quickly went in middle and stood in front of Ash. “Stop bullying him and go away!” I yelled, they all were surprised by my actions. However they didn't pry and left us alone. I ran to Ash's aid and asked if he was okay. “Yeah, I'm okay sorry for bothering you.” He replied. “Oh Ash, why do have to be like this, you should stand up for yourself.” I said, while caressing his cheek. “I know but, I just don't like fighting. If I counter back they will fight back too and it will never end. But this way it gets over quickly when they get tired beating me.” He said, “but what about you, don't you get hurt? And besides now it pains me to see you like this.” I spoke. “Sorry..” he said apologetically.

“Anyways, let's go have lunch. I'm hungry.” He said while getting up. We both walked to our place under the tree in field and sat down peacefully. We ate our lunch silently except for a few talks. After the lunch me and Ash parted ways as we went off to our next class.

Two more classes passed away and now we were down to our seventh class. As I made my way from my  locker, I was confronted by my friends.

“What do you want?” I asked, they gave me look I didn't like. “Nothing, but we want you to leave Ash and be with us again, like we used to be.” Misty said in her piercing voice. “Why? I don't want to be friends with someone who make fun of people who are helpless.” I replied back. “Oh, please! What's so special about that Ash that made you leave us. He's nothing but a stupid kid.” Iris spoke with distaste. I felt anger in me and I yelled at them. “Stop saying him stupid. He's smarter than you think. And now it's getting late for my class, so I'll excuse you all.” I said as I made my way past them only for being stopped by hilda and may.

“Where do you think you are going?” Miette asked in a sassy tone. “What are you doing? Get out of my way!” I said angrily. “Oh no! Not so fast! We can't let you go for letting down our offer.” Misty said. They were now scaring me. “You have disrespected the reputation of school by joining that outcast….” Said may, “...and now you have to pay for your mistake.” Hilda added.

May and Misty caught my hands, while Iris put a tape on my mouth, preventing me from calling for help. I was afraid of what they might do to me. They took me to the girls toilet and locked me in one of the blocks. “I think it would be good to start from providing you a nice detention. It would be a new experience for you.” Misty said, “next time it would be even worse.” Miette said. “And don't try to tell someone about us, or else you'll regret doing so.” Iris added. I heard footsteps going out of the toilet. I was left there all alone locked in the toilet.

To be continued...

Hey, I updated just as I promised, and I hope you all are gonna enjoy the movie that is released today as well.

That was an unusual question. Because it is the awaited movie for all the marvel fans.

So yeah, I'm going to the cinema on Sunday and I don't want any spoilers until then. 

The update for my PA book will be on that day

Enjoy the chapter.

Good bye.