Chapter 21

[Pikachu’s POV]

“Hilda?” Hilbert let out a soft whisper. I looked in his direction to see a girl around his age, I recognised her from school. She used to hang out with the other girls. She seemed nice to me most of the time, I don’t really remember her teasing Ash. In fact, now that I think, many of the girls didn’t really bully Ash, because they wanted to. But because their friends did, and they didn’t want to be felt left out. That’s a pretty lame reason if you ask me. But they are humans, they can do the hell they want.

I was so busy thinking about all this, that I didn’t notice Hilbert had already walked off towards the girl. I hopped my way to him. He was talking to her and it looked like they had met after a really long time. Well, makes sense as Hilbert had returned after such a long time. They must have been close friends back then, because the atmosphere had suddenly changed to a much cozy one. 

I didn’t speak a word while they both talked, never did I try to listen to it, as it was none of my business. I looked around the surroundings and saw a small cafe by the corner. A thought crawled up my mind as I looked between Hilbert, Hilda and the cafe. I gave it another thought before tugging at Hilbert’s pants.

“Huh? What’s the matter Pikachu?” Hilbert looked at me, standing by his feet. Hilda too gave me a look. I pointed to the direction of the cafe, “Pika. Pika pikachu. (Why don’t you guys sit in there and talk, it’s cold out here)” I hope he gets what I just said. He looked at the cafe, then back at me. His eyebrows arced up a bit as he tried to understand. “Do you..? Oh..” he spoke but then stopped, His face had got a little red, not noticeable though.

He then turned back to Hilda, who was still looking at me, wondering something I didn’t have a clue of. “Would you like to sit in there and talk, it’s pretty cold out here isn’t it?” He asked her, I can’t believe he really did understand me. “Huh uhhhhh… umm sure. If that’s ok with you.” She spoke softly. “Yeah, that’s fine with me.” He smiled at her, and she blushed a little. I crawled up his shoulder again as they both made their way to the cafe.

“Is this Pikachu yours? What happened to it’s eye?” She asked as she looked at me, oh so that’s what she was thinking. I feel kind of upset, because my eye looks kind of bad now, the scar is pretty deep and it ruins my look. I can’t make an accurate focus on things either. It’s really annoying. 

“No, he’s not mine, it’s Ash’s. We were just returning from the grocery store. And about his eye, it happened during a pokemon battle.” He replied, this was a good answer. “I see, that’s so sad. It must be really difficult to focus with just one eye, doesn’t it Pikachu?” She asked looking at me, I just nodded. We reached the cafe and took a seat near the far end. A waitress came to take our order. “What would you like to have?” “I’ll have a hot chocolate please, and you?” Hilbert said before turning to Hilda. “I’ll go with the same.” “Okay, so two Hot chocolate and a bottle of ketchup.” “HUH??” “Eh?” Both of them gave a confused look while I was staring at Hilbert with starry eyes. He is such an awesome guy. 

I tuned out most of the conversation as I happily sipped on the bottle. Nothing was better than having a whole lot of ketchup to myself. Though I did hear something which made me return back to reality. I looked at Hilda to see her looking down, her voice was low, and her expression was sad. “I don’t like it when they do it.. But I don’t have any choice.” “Why don’t you just leave them?” 

“I can’t. If I said I don’t wanna do it. They would hurt me. I know that if I told Ash that I’m sorry and I never meant to do any of those things to him, He’d probably forgive. But then they would try to hurt me if they knew I don’t hate him. Ash would probably help me if they were to attack me, but it feels wrong. It feels I’d be using him, if I asked him to save me from them. After all these years, how we treated him, then suddenly apologising and asking for help. It just feels wrong. I can’t do anything. I’m so scared about the consequence that I never even brought up the topic. But I’m sure someone other than me also feels the same, they wanna get out of that group but are too scared to do anything. Serena was the first one to do that. Only because she got to spend more time with him. It was really shocking to see her act so bold when she could never even speak up to calem, when he was angry. Of course everyone tried to attack her, but Ash saved her. But I don’t think it would be right to do the same.” 

“No, you should definitely do what you think is right. If you’re making the right choice, then you’re never using someone. And if you have any trouble I will help you. You don’t have to be scared of them, if they hurt you, I’ll be there. You don’t have to worry about it. Plus, Ash will be really happy to know that he is not hated by everyone. You may not know but he has been in pain, and the only thing that he needs right now are friends. Please think about it and make your decision. It will be better for everyone.” 

“Okay, if you think it’s right. I’ll do it, but you’ll have to come with me when I say it.” She said, I was really moved by her little speech so before Hilbert could say anything I jumped on the table and stood in front of her. “Pika! Pikachu Pika piiikachu! (Don’t worry! I’ll help you too!)” I spoke, she looked at me surprised. “Uhh? Pikachu?” “I think he says, He’ll help you too.” Hilbert said, “Pi-Ka!(Yes!)” I squeaked loudly, “Thank you so much guys, I feel much confident now.” She said happily, I looked at Hilbert who looked back at me and we both smiled. 

We all walked out of the cafe and made our way to the forest road before Hilda went on her own from where she had to turn. Hilbert had given Ash’s and his phone number to her for when she’d need it. We continued on our path down the forest. “Today was nice, right pikachu?” Hilbet said as we walked, I just nodded my head. The rest of the walk was silent with just the sound of the rustling leaves and the wind. I’m happy that Ash has more friends than we thought. All we need to do is help them escape their way out.

To be continued...

Hey guys, I'm really sorry I couldn't update this last week. I hope you don't mind. And I also apologize for such a filler chapter. But great needs some filling so they don't end up collapsing right? Uhhh, sounds like lame quote, why of course I made that up. Haha.

Anyway, tell me if you enjoyed and give it a vote if you did. Comment me your thoughts.

Thank you guys, have a nice day.
Cya Later.