Chapter 5

[Ash POV]

Do you know what's happening with me right now? Yup, you guessed it right, I'm being bullied again. Paul and Barry were holding each of my arms. Calem and Alain were standing in front of me and Gary behind me. They were punching and kicking me. Reason? I don't even want to know. I just stood there without any struggling.

Pikachu say there, looking at me getting beaten up. As always he didn't do anything to help me. I always said to him to never attack humans no matter what. He felt really sad for me and I too feel bad for seeing him like that but I can't help it. I'm not strong enough to take down these all alone.

After being beaten for what seemed like Eternity, I heard a voice which I hoped would be able to help me. It was Serena. She walked to us casually and tried to stop Calem by changing the topic.

"Hey Calem, why are you wasting your time on this useless thing. We have much more important things to do, let's go to our classes." She said, I knew she only said those things to stop him, but what he replied made me worried.

"Don't you talk to be like that, you b****. I know you're only acting this way in front of us, but in reality you care for this piece of s***. How do I know that? I saw you and his pesky rat walking home happily. And it's not normal for his rat to be friendly with someone who bullies his f****** trainer. Now don't you try to stop me from beating the crap out of him." He shouted, "That's not true." Serena said, "Then don't stop me." He shouted and turned to me. He raised his fist for another punch but Serena quickly caught his arm.

[Sorry for the language!]

"Hey! Get off me!" He yelled and pushed her away, she fell on the ground with force which made her yell in pain. He then turned to her, "looks like I need to give you a lesson as well." He said and started walking near her. I was worried for her. "Please don't, Calem." Serena said fearfully. Just then something unexpected happened.

A large orange dragon like Pokemon landed right in front of us. If you're thinking where the hell are we? Then I'll tell you that we are in the school playground so there's much space for that Charizard to land. He was standing right behind Serena. Calem stopped dead in his tracks on seeing him. Everyone was pretty much amazed as well as scared on seeing that Pokemon since it wasn't any ordinary Charizard, it was the legendary Charizard. And to top it off he was in his Mega evolution Y form. Paul and Barry let go of me and backed away. Gary too started walking backwards when the Charizard made a loud grunt making them stop in there tracks.

"We're s-sorry, we weren't d-ddoing anything wrong. Right guys?" Calem asked in terror. He was trembling furiously. They all nodded in agreement. Serena too was too scared to say anything so I decided to have some fun.

"No, that's not true. They were beating me and that girl for no reason." I said, Charizard and I exchanged a brief smirk. I heard Calem whisper something like, "Calem did you just tell me to shut up.?" I questioned, he gave me a glare which soon turned into a scared look.

They all ran away screaming like kids. Charizard Helped Serena stand up. She thanked him briefly before walking up to me and giving me a hug. This made me surprised very much since she had done this suddenly out of the blue and also in front of everyone. Charizard too made feel even more embarrassed by giving a wink before flying away.

"Are you okay?" She asked, giving me a worried look. "Well it pain a bit but I'm okay." I replied silently. "And your stabbed wound?" "They did not hit there." She gave me cute smile.

"I'm happy you're okay." Serena said as she snuggled closer to me. I was feeling a bit uncomfortable, "uhh... Serena... everyone is seeing us." I pointed out. She just looked at me and said, "so what? After all everyone knows since Calem shouted it loud. And I would rather be your friend than my old friends." I smiled at her. Pikachu too liked seeing this.

It was getting overboard now. So I quickly made an excuse to get out of it. "Let's just go to our first class. I'll meet you in second okay?" "Okay, see you later. Ashy••~" she said before walking off. I stood there thinking about the last word she used. 'Ashy?'- did she really give me a nickname? I'm really happy today.

I went to my first class, today was different. Students were whispering to escort about what happened at the playground and also about me and Serena. The period got over really quick.

I walked to my next class, upon entering the room I saw Serena already doing at her seat. She gave a smile when she noticed me. I went and sat next to her. The professor was teaching something which I wasn't interested in. During the whole class me and Serena whispered quietly without being noticed by the teacher.

After the English class we went to the gym. Today our teacher had asked us to bring three Pokemons to do a physical test. Pikachu was always my first priority, the other Pokemons that I brought today were...

[the following two passages are dedicated to my friend Turtwig19, thanks for staying with us all.]

"What? That's your Pokemon?" Serena asked in disbelief, because I brought the same Pokemon that scares her from coming to my house. Torterra stared at her with anger, but it's not his fault. He can't change his expression, even if he is happy he cannot smile. Serena looked at him in fear. I grabbed her hand for comfort. "Don't worry he's not angry, it's his usual face. He won't do anything to you." I said, she looked at be with hope. "Are you sure?" "Absolutely." She looked a bit convinced but didn't let her guard down.

The other Pokemon was... a sleeping Snorlax. Well he wasn't sleeping in the morning but, oh well he's Snorlax after all. Professor sycamore did the test on every Pokemon. He was quite impressed by my Pokemons, especially Torterra.

After the gym class, me and Serena parted ways but we meet again at lunch. She ditched her friends and sat with me at my usual place under the tree in the ground. We talked about various things. The rest of the day was almost normal apart from the fact that I was thinking about her time to time. That cute smile of hers was just printed in my brain permanently.

After school I went to the restaurant where I work. Serena requested to come along and see it too. So we both walked together, Pikachu seemed really happy with her today. When we reached there, I told Serena to take a seat somewhere inside, while I went to the employees room.

When I entered there I was greeted by Cilan, the manager of the restaurant. "Hey Ash, you didn't bring Pikachu today?" He asked, "No, he's outside with my friend." I replied, Cilan smiled. "So you've made a friend finally. That's good." He said, he knew about me very well. "Yeah, actually she wanted to see where I work?" I said, "oh, that's nice... wait- did you just say 'she' ?" He said in suspicion. "Yeah..." I replied nervously. "Is something wrong?" I asked, "no my friend, I'm just impressed that you didn't only make a friend but a girl too." He said making me a bit embarrassed, my cheeks flushed a little. "Look who's blushing?" He teased. "Uh-uhh... ehhh, I'm not... blushing!" I retorted. "Yeah, yeah. Now get to work." I went and took my uniform then got to work.

To be continued...

Hey, after much thinking and a request from my followers, I finally decided to update the chapter. I hope you like it.

Please do vote and comment any errors that you find. Thanks.

Good bye.