Chapter 4

[Serena POV]

“... Just really weird to know that Calem was beaten by someone.” Miette said casually, we were walking to the school cafe for lunch. We heard the news that someone had beat up Calem yesterday. When we reached the cafe, we met a purple eyed, bruised face Calem with a small plaster around his left wrist.

“hey dude who did this to you?” Tierno asked, he had seen him like this just now. “Ugh.. just some stupid thug. He was actually trying to torture a lady but I interrupted him and got beaten up. But the lady was saved.” Calem replied. “Wow dude, you actually helped a lady from a thug. That's real macho Man.” The guys appreciated his work.

But for some reason I felt that his story was fake. Also it was unnatural for Ash to not come to school today. I don't think any bad thing would have happened to him when he left after leaving my home. Anyways I can meet him at his house.

Suddenly I remembered something, I put this question to everyone on the table. “Hey guys do you know that Ash is an orphan. Since I am partnered with him for my assignment I came to know about it yesterday.” “Yeah, I knew it from the very beginning.” Calem replied, some of my friends nodded in agreement while some.. “well, I didn’t know about this, anyways it serves him right. A person as disgusting as him should not be having someone to care for him.” Misty spoke, everyone laughed in agreement.

I was disappointed at my friends, they were acting so rude towards Ash. I felt disgusted, my friends had such low thought for Ash. As much as I wanted to disagree with them, I couldn’t. I was worried that if they came to know that I was caring for ash, what would they think of me. As a conclusion I replied what I thought was right for the moment.

“So I guess this news wasn’t really surprising. Well I need to go to the washroom so I’ll meet you guys later…” in this way I didn’t really agree with them nor I exposed that I was caring for Ash. I stood up and made my out of the cafe, i wasn’t really wanting to go to the washroom, I just wanted to get away from them.

---Time skip---

I was going to Ash’s house. Today I was all alone in the forest. As I was walking I again spotted the same Torterra from yesterday blocking my path. He wasn’t looking in the mood to let me go ahead, so I tried to talk to him in a polite way. “uhh.. hello Torterra, My name is Serena and I just want to go to my friend’s house. So if you please move aside…” I said as I moved one step forward, but he made a grunting noise and stomped his left foot on the ground making my flinch. I was so scared to do anything so I stood there for some more time when I saw Pikachu coming my way.

He came and started conversing with Torterra. Torterra looked at me one last time before moving away. I breathed a sigh of relief the looked at Pikachu. “Thank you Pikachu.” I said with a smile. Pikachu just turned his head the other way and started walking. “Still not convinced with me, being Ash’s friend…” I muttered under my breathe and followed Pikachu to Ash’s house. When I walked in, I saw nurse Joy. I was confused at why was she here. On seeing me, she came to talk to me.

“Hello I’m the nurse Joy from the Lumiose city Pokemon Center. Are you a friend of Ash?” she asked, “Uhmm.. not really, we are doing an Assignment together so I came to his house. By the way I’m Serena.” I replied, “Nice to meet you serena, I came here to look on Ash’s injuries, apparently someone attacked him last night.” she told I was worried on hearing this. “what? How is he now?” I asked her worryingly. “Well he’s doing fine now. He is in his room sleeping. I need to go back to my center but I was worried for him, but since you have come I’m happy. You’ll take care of Ash, right?” she asked, I nodded. “I can do that, just tell me the medications.” I replied, nurse Joy gave me some instructions then left for her pokemon center.