Chapter 29

[Serena’s POV]

After the small meeting Dawn and I left the house for some necessary shopping which was now absolutely called for. Ash had been out in public in open disguise and now it was getting problematic. We needed a few things for him which included a smartphone, some disguise costumes, honestly he should have used disguises since the beginning but alright, and the last thing is we need to meet Cilan. I don’t know how long it has been since Ash went to work. Cilan may not be the one to get angry at his employees but he sure cares for Ash so he must know about everything.

We first reached Cilan’s Cafe, and on entering we met one of Ash’s co-workers. She immediately recognised me and a smile appeared on her face.

“Serena! Long time no see. How’s it going? Where’s Ash? He hasn’t come for work for a while now.” She asked as we walked up to the counter where she was standing.

“Yeah, I’m doing great. And about Ash. I’d like to talk to Cilan for a moment. Is he free?” I asked. She nodded in reply.

“Find a seat, I’ll send him right away. Also is there something wrong with Ash?” She asked. I shook my head.

“Nothing in particular, just a few things that I need to tell Cilan. You know Ash, he can be a handful.” I spoke and we both had a small laugh.

“Alright, I’ll get Cilan.” She said before walking towards the manager’s office.

I turned around to see Dawn already settled in a booth and scanning the Menu card. I shook my head at her love for food. When I reached her, she looked at me with an expression that was beyond shocked.

“What are these delicacies? they’re so expensive! But they look so mouth watering! I wanna try some! But I can’t even afford even one thing. Have you ever eaten here? Wait have you ever came here on a date with Ash? Did he ever treat you to any of these?? How was it??” Dawn bombarded me with a wave of questions.

“Okay stop stop stop. I’ll answer you. Most of these are Unovan and Kalosian Delights, the ones which don’t sell on the street. I have eaten here a lot, when I used to wait for Ash to complete his shift after school so we could go home. Yeah we did go on dates but not here, because there are Ash’s co-workers. But he did treat me to some of the expensive ones on him. And sometimes when I forgot to bring money….” I said, remembering the time when we used to fight, Because I didn’t want to eat on his money and he still insisted.

“Wow! But you still didn’t tell me how it was.” Dawn said.

“Oh, they are delicious, the sweetness just melts on your tongue and you can not stop eating them more and more.” I explained and Dawn literally drooled over the table.

I laughed at her, as she made a puppy face requesting me to try anything but she didn’t have the money for it.

“Hey Serena!” I heard Cilan call and Dawn quickly straightened herself and wiped her drool as Cilan reached our table.

“Hey Cilan! How are you?” I asked.

“I’m fantastic. Tell me about yourself.” He replied. I smiled at him as he took a seat adjacent to me and Dawn.

“I’m doing perfect too. I wanted to talk to you about Ash.” I said, his face went into a curious one at the mention of Ash.

“Aah right, I saw the news. I was shocked to hear that Ash is the Legendary trainer. I couldn’t believe it that he was working as the hero in disguise after facing so much trouble from people.” Cilan said. He really felt sad for Ash. And proud too.

“Yeah, so the last few days have been a lot busy and Ash hasn’t gone out of his house a lot. And now another problem occured.” I told him, he looked at me with confusion.