12

3rd Person

Rosie was handling all the documents at hand but she suddenly received a call from Mr. Lee. Upon seeing the caller ID, she somehow feels that another VIP patient is about to be turned in.

"Mr. Lee?" Rosie asked through the phone. 

"Roseanne." The man's cold voice answer. "Yoon Ae Ri, chairman Yoon's wife, will be arriving anytime this afternoon. As instructed my Master Kim, prepare him the most suited accommodation just like the usual VIP's that we have."

"But Mr. Lee--" Rosie's protest was cut short by the man.

"Do you dare question the Master's order?" His voice was firm but authoritative making Rosie gulp in the process.

"No. Forgive my response Mr. Lee." Rosie answered trying her best for her voice not to quiver.

The man on the other merely hang up. After the call was dropped, Rosie was finally able to breathe freely.

"Nurse Park are you alright?" Glancing up, it was no other than the you doctor.

"Dr. Manoban, of course. I was just in shock that is all." Rosie was praying that Lisa would not asked further questions as she was afraid that she would not have any other excuse anymore to answer the young doctor. 

Thankfully, the world did hear her prayers as the young doctor merely nodded to her explanation and excused herself to tend to some patients.

Once Dr. Manoban was out of sight, Rosie immediately rushed to the Director's office. Ever since Jennie became the director of the hospital, Rosie became the contact person of Mr. Lee. She would deliver messages regarding the incoming VIP patients. 

Rosie knew that what she was doing was wrong. She knew that she became a part as well of the corrupt system of the hospital. But amongst those who are involve she has the least knowledge of it. She merely delivers the message to conduct the needed preparation for the arrival of the patients.

Upon arriving, Rosie knocked twice. When she heard Jennie gave her permission, she entered the office.

"Rosie? Is there something wrong." Nurse Park shook her head. "I have a message from your Father, Dr. Kim." Upon hearing that, Nurse Park noticed the change of Jennie's demeanor. Besides her, she knew that Jennie was only forced to comply with every order that her father gives and hearing that there is a message from the old man somehow the director already has the gist on what it is all about.

"What did he say?" 

"He instructed Mr. Lee to tell me that there will be a new patient this afternoon. Your father expects the outmost care and treatment that would be given to the VIP."

"Do you know who it is?" the doctor inquired.

"Yes. It is chairman Yoon. He will be escorted by his wife. The chairman is conscious but has a lot of difficulty, it is as if the man is paralyzed." Nurse Park explained to which Jennie nodded.

"Is there anything more?"

"Yes. Mr. Lee reminded me that for this patient it will not be the director who will be handling the patient." With that statement, Jennie looked at Rosie in shock. 

It is known to everyone that when there are VIP patients it is only the director who will be the attending physician. One of the reason is that Jennie is a brilliant doctor and is good at her job so to say. When it is her who tends to the patient a hundred percent recovery rate could be assured.

That is why upon hearing Rosie's words had shocked her. This is the first time that her father had instructed that it would not be her who would attend to the needs of the incoming VIP.

"Did he say who?" Jennie asked.

"Yes. Dr. Manoban is the attending physician who was recommended Dr. Kim. Mr. Lee also instructed that no one should interfere with this request." Upon hearing that explanation, Jennie's mood turned sour. She was both confused and angry. She does not know what her father was planning but putting a rookie surgeon to be the attending physician of an important patient makes no sense at all.

"Is there something wrong, Jennie?" Rosie inquired seeing how her friend was now gripping tightly the pen that she was holding.

"Don't you think something seems wrong Rosie?" Jennie asked.

"If you think about it, yes. It is quite rare for your father to make such appointment of attending physician. I mean we both know that when it comes to VIP patients, it is only you who would tend to handle it. But, I think there were two instances when another physician was referred and that was Dr. Jeon.  It only happened as too many VIP's were admitted on that instance."

"Correct. What I am confused about is why a rookie physician like Lisa would be recommended for this task? I mean I admit she has the capabilities but experience wise she is not there yet." Upon hearing that, Rosie could seem to control herself and flashed a teasing smirk towards Jennie.

The doctor noticed so she asked "what is that look that you are showing Roseanne?"

"I just cannot believe that you admitted that Lisa has indeed the capabilities of a good surgeon."

"Who am I to deny it? Especially that we have already worked together twice or thrice I might add. She indeed has the potential. But what I am worried about is if she would fail. Not that I am doubting her skills but we both know how a failure of treatment to a VIP patient would lead to. We saw what happened to the last VIP that Jeon handled. The family was even suing us stating that the man did not get the outmost care as I was not his physician. If Lisa would be in such situation, it would be bad for her reputation." Roseanne cannot seem to stop herself from smiling upon hearing those words from Jennie. Her friend might not admit it but in her actions it can be presumed that she had shown some type of liking to the young doctor. But to what extent she does not know yet.

Her thought were interrupted when Jennie's office phone had rung. 

Are they already here?  Roseanne thought.

1046 Words