15

3rd Person

Lisa was currently in the lounge, she was lying on the couch making use of the break time that she has when suddenly she heard her beeper make noise.

Groaning, she lazily took the device out of her pocket. She slowly opened her eyes but when she saw the word EMERGENCY plastered on it she dashed her way as fast as she could going to the emergency room.

Upon arrival, she saw that all was taken care of and there was no patient left that was unattended. She sternly turned and looked at the Nurse Station glaring with intensity towards Nurse Park.

"Roseanne, I have told never to ping me with that kind of message when no emergency is really happening." Lisa complained exhaustedly due to the immediate running marathon that she had due to Rosie's message.

And all the head nurse could do was flash a smile on Lisa's way while scratching her nape. "I'm sorry bout that Lisa. Jennie asked me to do it." Before Lisa could retort Jennie cut her off.

"Good you are here." Then the director handed her documents which made Lisa look at Jennie in a confused expression. As if sensing the lost thoughts of Lisa, Jennie took that as cue for her to explain the situation. 

"I have gone through the medical report you have made about the patient and I agree with your findings. There is nothing wrong with the condition of the chairman. In fact the old man is perfectly fine." Lisa nodded understandingly when Jennie explained.

"I also am guessing his supposed unconscious state is also a play in his part. And since he is already here in our facility and no guardian at bay. We have no choice but to keep him here for a while." Lisa sighed hoping that he would not further take care of a patient that is not truly sick.

"But that does not mean your job as his doctor is done Manoban." Upon hearing that, Lisa's shoulder slumped in defeat. "Don't worry, you are allowed to take other patients and not focus on the chairman alone. But I do have an assignment for you," Lisa nodded. "I feel that there is a reason behind the pretention that is happening and even if it is not the concern of the medical side of our profession, I still want to make sure that the hospital will not be in jeopardy."

Upon hearing those words from Jennie, a sudden flashback occurred.

"I am truly glad you took the challenge to serve the hospital I referred to you." Her mentor stated.

"As if I would not believe your stories, I am very much in wonder who pushed you out of the hospital." Lisa explained.

"It is not a person that drove me out it is the process." Her mentor sighed. "But since your there, could you watch someone for me, this person is Jennie." Her mentor showed a picture of a brunette with a piercing cat like eyes. "She is an important person in my life. And I believe because of the process running along the hospital, it had somehow corrupted her. But regardless, her ability to detect things that are unusual and her care for the people is endless. I don't want to judge her decisions though because I know someone is behind it that pushed her to do it. So please look out for her for my sake?"

"Dr. Manoban."

"Dr. Manoban!" Lisa snapped out of her thoughts when she heard a high pitched snarl beside her. "Did you get everything that I told you?" and the young doctor could only scratch her nape and look apologetically at the director. 

And Jennie could only sigh. "Please do not lose your focus."

"I am sorry for that Dr. Kim." 

"What I said was, I want you still keep a look at your patient the chairman. Maybe this time get his trust until he can fully disclose to you everything. I know there is a reason behind his admission here in the hospital. No pressure though but do your best. Okay?" And Lisa could only nod at Jennie's words.

"Good. That would be all." Jennie ended. With that Lisa turned and did her job.

The director then turned to look at Nurse Park. 

"Rosie. I want you to dig some things for me. I have a hunch that there is something going on between my father and Mrs. Yoon. Moreover, I want you to hire someone keep watch on Mrs. Yoon's every move. If that woman has something in mind I want to find it fast." And Rosie could only nod.

It is not new to her when Jennie is on a full investigation mood. Despite Jennie being the so called puppet of her father in the hospital, the director still makes sure that none of their employees will be affected if ever all hell breaks lose. 

That is why employees involved in the VIP treatments have all signed a non-disclosure agreement and have agree to risk their careers despite knowing the consequences of the so called VIP treatment.

Jennie may be considered as an object by her father who only moves behind his words but what Mr. Kim does not know that her daughter also does her best to makes sure that every operation that the hospital does is kept in the minimum.

These Kim's really are a wonder, Rosie thought. One who is very deceitful and money hungry who uses his resources to take advantage of others while the other who willingly submits her self as sacrifice but in return she could perform damage control to all the activities that her father does. 

And thinking of all this Roseanne suddenly yearn the presence of another Kim. The long lost sister of Jennie, her previous lover. While both Kim's were serious, the latter was mischievous and easy going. She made the environment light and make people feel at ease. 

At times like this, Rosie wished Jisoo was here. Jisoo Kim, her lover, the person who suddenly disappeared, the person she had yearned to see after so many years.

1009 Words