4

3rd Person

As Jennie arrived at the operating room, she saw Nurse Park standing outside jittering. "Park, what are you doing? Why are you not inside?"

"Doctor, it seems that we have a problem, your supposed assisting surgeon Dr. Jeon called that he would not be able to be here as he caught a flu and was very apologetic to have informed us late." Jennie was beyond pissed so to speak. Their patient is a VIP, one that should given the outmost care and best services from the hospital's best doctor.

Sighing Jennie looked at Rosie, "Is their anyone who is not in surgery today?" To say the nurse was shocked with the question. Knowing Jennie for the longest time Rosie knew that the doctor is a perfectionist and what she usually plans should go that way. But somehow Rosie understood Jennie's mindset. The doctor had already postponed the surgery before because of another health issue that Dr. Jeon had reason out.

If it were for Rosie's opinion she truly thinks that Dr. Jeon was doing everything out of spite. That guy was kissing the ass of owner while Dr. Kim, Jennie's father, while the man still the director of the hospital. Jeon thought that being the man's underling would earn him the old man's favor for him to be the next director. But it seems that the old man has other plans.

Ever since Jennie began her task as director of the hospital, all that Jeon did was oppose whatever Jennie's decision was. However, his opposition was not favored by the board of directors. Thus, his efforts of contradicting Jennie was put in vain.

And now knowing that having the VIP, Mr. Choi as one of the hospitals patient to be operated for this month. It was a given that the best doctors would be the one to handle his operation. 

But maybe the guy really wanted to sabotage Jennie's position knowing that postponing the operation even further would bring no good to the patient's body.

"I'm sorry Jen. Most the best surgeon are in their respective operating room as well with their own scheduled operations. We can pull them out but it would cost the lives of their patients." Gulping, Jennie knew of that but knowing her father, VIP's are entitled to the outmost care of the hospital than that of the nomads.

"Call for Dr. Song." Jennie said wanting her voice to sound believable. She had been doing such favor for the VIP's ever since she had began her reign as director of the hospital at first the guilt was killing her she had lost about five ordinary patients because of it but her father commended her. That is what is keeping her from doing these unethical tings. It is because these VIP's that keeps the hospital running after all.

"Jennie are you for real?!" Rosie asked enraged by her friends decision. But when Jennie looked at her dead in the eyes, the stoic expression of the doctor made Rosie shake with fear. She knew how Jennie had been eaten up by her guilt because of her decisions. She knew that if her friend would keep on doing these kind of things it would eat the life out of her. 

"Jen, please think this through. I know we want this over with but you are killing yourself with guilt." Rosie begged her friend.

"That guilt was long gone don't you think Roseanne. Now do as I ---" But before the doctor could finish her statement an unpermitted presence interrupted.

"Heya! Nurse Park." Lisa Manoban just cut the heated conversation between the best of friends.

"Dr. Manoban, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in charge of the ER at this moment." A baffled Rosie asked not knowing why the young surgeon was within the area of the operating room.

"Yeah about that. The head doctor of the ER Dr. Nam gave me a freebie period and said I should look around and observe the operations that could help. He said that I had been working hard in the ER so he was giving me a break." The young doctor explained.

Suddenly, a bright idea had come over Roseanne. "Isn't it tough luck." She then turned her head towards Jennie and looked at the doctor straight in her eye trying to convey her idea.

The look Rosie gave made Jennie gape at surprise at her friend. She was hoping that it was not what she thinks her friend is thinking. Roseanne tends to have all sorts of crazy ideas in her mind these days and Jennie was hoping that this was not what she has thought.

The nurse then turned to the newbie doctor, eyes glimmer with hope. "Does that mean you are free correct?"

Scratching her nape, Lisa answered "I guess so."

"Great then you would not mind to help us would you?" Rosie asked 

"I guess so as long as I could be of help why not." Lisa answered.

"No... there is nothing that ----" Jennie's words were immediately stopped by Rosie.

"Excellent! Do you mind changing in to your scrubs then doctor?" The nurse blurted. And it was the fastest one so far.

"Am I operating today, Nurse Park?" A shocked Lisa asked as she knew she was not scheduled to handle any operation yet that is.

"Of course, you are a surgeon after all. Besides after your first operation, anyone could attest that besides being a newbie you are quite a good surgeon that to." 

"Uhmm thanks but if I may ask who am going to operate?" The young doctor inquired.

"You are assisting today Dr. Manoban and it is the VIP patient behind those doors. You will be assisting Dr. Kim for today. I'll inform Dr. Nam to free you for the day for the operation." The nurse answered pointing at the OR. She then got her phone and contacted the head of the ER department. While Lisa was shocked by the nurse statement that she was operating a VIP in her first day at the hospital. But she was at the same time excited to be able to operate once again.

1032 Words