1:1

═════════════════════════ .✾.═

Darkness

I OPEN my eyes to darkness, I sit up and feel something rise in my throat, I bend over and cough out water, I wipe my mouth and try to look around.

I feel myself travel upwards, i start to hear an echo, it was an alarm echoing above me, I then see a red light flash every now and then.

I crawl around on the floor and then hear a noise, a squeal, i squint my eyes to see a pig try to launch itself at me.

I jump back away from the animal and sit myself in the corner, the cage I seem to be in comes to a sudden stop, I wrap my arms around my knees.

I hear a 'click' from above and move my head upwards to the sound, I stand up to see an opening, getting bigger and bigger.

I then see a crowd of boys looking down at me, murmurs coming from every direction, a boy with a brown shirt with his sleeves rolled to his elbows jumps down causing me to stumble back in surprise.

His eyes blue and his hair short but the front stuck upwards, he looked muscular and serious "it's a girl!" Someone from above called.

I look from above to the boy infront of me "welcome to the glade, Greenie" he smiles holding out his hand, what's a greenie, I'm not a greenie I'm- oh.

I couldn't remember myself I had no memories at all, i start to panick and crawl backwards into the corner of the cage again, my breathing was shallow and quick.

The boy infront of me crouches down to my level "hey, hey, it's alright, it's okay, I'm Gally nice to meet you." his eyes softened as he tried to comfort me.

Boys above start to disappear to what they were doing previously whilst I stayed in the corner, the boy who claimed to be Gally stayed down in the cage with me.

I stayed silent as he talked about his first time here at what he calls the glade, every now and then I'd look up, I see a chubby brown haired boy with curls smiling, a dark skinned boy with a shaved head and a tall dirty blonde boy with brown eyes.

They all stayed put, looking down at me, Gally eventually got up and looked at me "c'mon greenbean let's get you out of here, you've been here for hours" he laughs.

He takes out his hand, offering it to me, I hesitate before taking it, he smiled at me, a part of me knew I could trust him, he was very kind to me over the hours.

He lifts me up to the surface and the dirty blonde boy crouches down smirking, he offers his hand and I take it as I didn't want to keep Gally waiting.

The brown eyed boy lifted me up and looked at me, I examined his face seeing light freckles on his skin our hands still connected.

I let go of his hand and look away from him until he speaks "my names Newt" he smiles, his voice had an accent that made me smile.

I then look around and see another boy, the one with the rosy chubby cheeks, he smiled as he saw me "Hey there! I'm Chuck nice to meet you!" His voice was sweet.

I bend down and give him a smile messing up his hair a little causing him to giggle, I turn to see the dark skinned boy looking at me smiling.

"I'm Alby I'm the one in charge here, i see you've met Gally one of the builders, newt second in command and little Chuck here" I nod giving him a small smile.

"I must say, your quite the chatterbox" he laughs, i laugh at his comment and the boys look at me "now were getting somewhere!" Newt smiles.

"Chuck would you like to show Greenie here around the glade, be back in time for the event tonight, you miss, your the special guest" Alby nods "now I've got to go, duty calls" he waves goodbye and I return it.

The other boy Newt following behind giving me a little nod and Gally gives me a little salut before going back to a structure near the Forest. Curious.

Chuck showed me around the glade, homestead, maps room, the Forest, everything, he talked to me about his first day as we made our way to the to the boys.

"Thanks Chuck" I whisper and he looked shocked "you do speak!" He smiles and I laugh, I see the boys piling wood into a stack.

"Hey greenbean!" Gally called, "get over here!" I sprint over within seconds, Chuck by my side, Gally held a torch and passed it to me.

I started to panick 'what if I hit someone on the head!? What if I drop it!? Kill someone prehaps!?' I though, maybe I was being to dramatic.

I threw the torch into the wooden pile of sticks and the gladers cheered, I jump back avoiding flames "greenbean!" Gally looked excited "I've got something to show you!" He smiles.

He starts walking and signals the girl to follow, i follow him and he leads me to the Forest and stops at a certain tree, he points up and I see a treehouse on a huge branch, it had some sort of wooden balcony near it too..

I gasp and hug Gally "thank you! Thank you!" I say pulling away "greenbean speaks!" He makes a dramatic playful gasp and I laugh.

He points at the ladders, signalling me to go up "I thought seeming your the only girl you'd need your privacy" he smiles as I climb up, i look to see a bright light on a small desk next to a bed.

There were butterflies on the walls made of leaves, two windows at the right and left side, I also see clothes on the bed for me, i look in the desk draws to see arts and crafts, books, pens, pencils EVERYTHING!

I climb down hugging Gally once more "it's amazing thank you gally!" He chuckles "Alby said that seeming we have a lot of boys here you could stay here to sleep and everything, it's private that way."

I clap my hands in delight jumping up and down spinning "I love it! I love it! I love it!" I squeal, "we better get back to the party greenbean" and with that we went off.