3:12

═════════════════════════ .✾.═

I WOKE up, light hitting my eyes, the sound of waves filling my ears, the wind gently brushing on my skin, I get up and wince and the pain from my stomach.

"Newt..." I whisper realising, I run out the hut and look around, tents and campfires with kids of every age running around having fun with adults watching.

I slip on a slimy rock near the water and land on my butt "ow.." I groan getting up again, we did it, we were at a safe place with dozen of kids that we saved!

I close my eyes taking a breath in, inhaling all the smells, a part of me wanted to jump in the water and splash around, without thinking I did exactly that, this is amazing I smile.

I walk around soaked with sea water and see people looking at me, I see a little girl with dirty blonde hair crying looking at me, I drop to my knees covering my mouth she rushed over to me "Milly!" Shout and she hugs me "Y/n!"

We looked around hand in hand and I saw Minho, Thomas, Brenda, Frypan, Aris, and Gally they all came up to me and hugged me, I cried happy tears but they all pushed away after a few seconds.

I look around and my smile dropped "w-where's Newt?" I start to panic "Right here love.." a familiar voice said from behind, I turn around to see Newt smiling at me.

I ran up to him and he grabbed me by the waist and spun me around in the air, he set me down and we both kissed, after a while we pull apart for air and smile "ive missed you!" I say hugging him.

"Thank you love... and I'm sorry." He says looking at my stomach where he stabbed me "it's okay it wasn't your fault and I'm so glad your okay!" I say happily "me too" he smiles.

He put a strand of hair behind my ear and I blushed a little as he put his hand on my cheek stroking it with his thumb, I hug my other friends like Harriet and Sonya, we all sat down.

*

We all gathered around the campfire, i sat Milly on my laps and lay my head on Newt's shoulders "we have come a long way together, so many sacrificed, to make this place possible! Friends, your family." He says.

"So here's to the ones who couldn't be here!" He raised his cup, everyone else did the same "heres to the friends we lost, this place is for you! This is for all of us! But this." He says pointing to a tall big rock behind him.

"This is for them. So in your own time in your own way, come make your piece, AND WELCOME TO THE SAFE HAVEN!!" He yelled and we all cheered clapping, later on that night I see Thomas reading paper.

He was crying and so I went up to him "can I read it?" I ask and he nods, I politely take the letter and say thank you, everyone was around the fire or carving names but I stayed up on the bench to read the note Newt had gave him before he got cured.

Dear Thomas,

This is the first letter I can remember writing, obviously I don't know if I wrote any before the maze, but even if it's not my first it's likely to be my last.

I feel a tear drop from my face onto the paper and I wipe my tears away quickly to continue reading.

I want you to know that I'm not scared, well not of dying anyway, it's more forgetting, it's losing myself to this virus, that's what scares me.

So every night I've been saying their names out loud Alby, Winston, Chuck, Jessie, and just repeat them like a prayer and it all comes flooding back.

Just the little things, like the way the sun hit the Glade at the perfect moment just before it hit the walls, and I remember the taste of Frypan's stew, never thought I'd miss that stuff so much.

I laughed a little smiling as more tears fell down my cheeks.

I remember you and y/n... I remember when y/n came out of the box, she was quite and didn't get out for hours, I remember you just got out and ran face planting on the floor, y/n ran over to see if you were okay too.

The moment the two of you ran into that maze, I knew I'd follow you anywhere, and I have. If I could fall in love with an amazing girl like y/n and become best friends with a boy like you, meeting my sister for the first time, I would and I wouldn't change a thing.

If you do anything to hurt the people I love, I will personally haunt you Tommy, take care of yourself y/n Milly and the others, you all deserve to be happy, tell them I love them all alright?

Thank you for being my friend

Goodbye mate.

Newt.

I look up to see Newt coming up to me but then he saw the letter in my hands and gave me a sad smile, I rushed over to him and kissed him "I love you so much Newt" I say and he wipes my tears away.

The next morning I left everyone asleep I looked on the rock to see Alby, Winston, Jessie but no Chuck I smile grabbing the carving tools and carved his name as the morning sun rose from the sky.

"I wish you were here Chuck

"I wish you were here Chuck... to see this" I say grabbing the little figure he gave me before he died in my arms "I was running far away would I run off the world someday nobody knows nobody even knows!" I sing as I make my way over to the water in my white tank top and black jeans.

I take off my socks and shoes then step in letting the sand tickle my toes, I then feel someone pick me up and chuck me deeper into the water, i gasp for air "I CANT SWIM YOU MORON!" I laugh lifting my head up floating.

I then feel someone pick me up from below and see Newt smiling as soaked as me, I mess up his hair and we splash around having fun he taught me how to swim and chucked seaweed at me I scream grabbing it off me and I chucked it somewhere.

I look up to see Newt with the seaweed on his face and laugh, we both kiss each other quickly and hug one another as we float in the water then go back to the surface to have breakfast.

The End ❤️