2:1

═════════════════════════ .✾.═

Chaos. Shouts. Violence.

I feel my mother lift me up in her arms, pushing through a crowd of people, people were screaming and yelling.

I look around at all of the people rushing there children to safety, i see a dirty blonde haired boy being carried by his father.

The boy looks at me and gives me a smile, a sad smile, I return the smile and wave, turns out we were going in the same direction.

My mother reaches out for something and places me down, i look at her and she looks at me "I love you y/n..." she whispers I feel myself about to cry.

I then get taken away from my mother by a man in black uniform "mum!" I scream reaching out for her, i look around and see other children being carried in a train.

I let tears fall from my E/C eyes as I think about my mother, a blonde then comes up to me placing her hand on my shoulder
"y/n, it's okay" and with that she sits back down.

I look around and see the blonde from earlier, i shyly walk over to him and sit down, he looks at me with tears in his eyes, I give him a hug and he returns it.

As we pull away I give him a weak smile "Y/n" I say reaching my hand out "Newt" the boy replies shaking my hand.

The blonde lady sees this and smiles 'how sweet' she thought to herself, next thing I know I'm in the cage again "no!no!no!" I scream as I go upwards.

I wake up gasping, sweat all over me I see Newt shaking me "Wake up love! We gotta go! C'mon!" I sit up and sleepily stand, I walk out of the helicopter hitting my head on the way out.

"Ow.." I mumble as I rub my head, i look to see Jessie ahead with Milly, i see no other girls, not even Harriet and Sonya.

'Where are they?' I thought to myself I then get pulled away from the helicopter "wait!" I say rushing back to the vehicle.

I rummage around and see Chuck's little wooden figure and grab it "get out of here!" A masked man says, i then hear a growl.

Something was chasing me a zombie looking creature I run screaming "HELP!" I croak as i sprint near the others, the thing tackles me.

I scream out as it goes to bite me but it gets shot back by a man "get the kids inside!" They yell and I get pulled to my feet by Minho.

We run into a building as the gates close shut, i look around and see we're in some sort of base, it was a little dusty causing me to sneeze.

We were all lead to a basement to relax, me and newt were cuddled up on some bags with Milly and Jessie who were asleep as I sang them a song... mine and Chuck's song.

Suddenly the door opens and I look up from Newt's chest all the boys started standing, even Teresa, I shake the girls lightly and they don't wake.

I sigh grabbing Jessie as Newt grabs Milly, we all gather at the front door and a man walks through with a leather jacket.

"You kids doing all right?" He asks and we all get closer "Sorry about all the fuss, we had ourselves ughhh... a bit of a swarm" he smiles, i could tell it was forced.

"Who are you" I say sharply, I didn't trust the guy at all, his voice sounded familiar too, "I'm the reason your all still alive y/n, it's my intention to keep you that way, now come with me" he says backing away.

"We'll get you kids squared away" everyone stay put as he moved away "you can call me Mr. Janson! I run this place" he says giving us a tour.

"I might just call you rat face" I mumble earning a nudge from a chuckling Minho "for us it is a sanctuary, safe from the horrors of the outside world, you should all think of it as a way station" he says.

"Kind of a home between homes" he then pauses and points up to sparks "watch yourselves" he warns and I move Jessie away from the sparks only to get a few on me i hiss in pain.

"That mean your taking us home?" Thomas asks "a home of sorts, sadly there wouldn't be much left of wherever you came from, but we do have a place for you" he explains.

"What's that?" I ask, Janson turns to me "A refuge outside the scorch where WICKED will never find you again, how does that sound?" He asks and I laugh.

"Sounds like bullsh-" I feel a hand cover my mouth and I groan, i look to see Winston shaking his head smiling "don't finish that y/n" he laughs.

"Why are you helping us?" Minho asks "let's just say the world out there is in a rather precarious situation, we're all hanging on by a very thin thread" the man answers.

"The fact that you kids can survive the Flare virus makes you the best chance of humanity's continued survival" he pauses for a while.

"Unfortunately, it also makes you a target as no doubt by now you've noticed, beyond this door lies the beginning of your new lives" he smiles swiping a card.

A door lifts upwards revealing a huge hall doing forwards "first things first.. let's do something about that smell" he raises his eyebrows.

A lady leads me, Teresa, Milly and Jessie to a shower room, we turn on the showers and let the water fall on our bare skin.

I sigh as the hot water washes off the blood on me, the dirt and the dreadful smell of sweat, I wash my hair and body.

Smiling, i then look to my right and see a set of fresh new clothes, I take them, I had a grey tank top and some black cargo trousers with walking boots, beside it were hair bobbles and scissors.

I look in the mirror with my new clothes and look to see a hook with a cardigan, I leave it there for a while as I cut my hair to my shoulders, it's length was at my waist which wasn't that great.

I gather all the hair and throw it away, grabbing the cardigan I wrap it around my waist and tuck my short hair behind my ear.