1:4

═════════════════════════ .✾.═

MY EYES flutter open to the sound of an alarm, I must've fallen asleep, i look around and see everyone panicking, i then hear a groan beside me, it was Newt.

Once our eyes met he smiled "hello there love" I look at him and then stutter the word "h-hey" rubbing my eyes "what's going on?" I ask and we both get up.

"That's the greenie alarm... but it hasn't been a month yet right?" He questions himself and I see Chuck in the distance and run over to him as Newt gives out orders.

"Chuck, hey!" I shout and he looks over at me smiling, little dimples showing on each side of his chubby cheeks.

"How have you been y/n!" He asks taking my hand in his as we walk around to where the boys are "I'm doing great so far, you?" He nods "same old same old" he smiles.

We reach the boys and I give Chuck a piggy back so he can see what's going on, we look over people to see a boy, Gally greeted him.

The greenie got to the surface and suddenly ran, me and Chuck watched in amazement "LOOKS LIKE WE'VE GOT OURSELVES A RUNNER!" He yells.

The poor boy that was running suddenly face planted and rolled over multiple times before coming to a stop "ouch" me and Chuck said in unison.

Chuck got off my back and I ran over to the greenie looking down at him "hey, are you okay?" I ask and he nods, i offer my hand and he takes it.

He was full of questions but I signalled Alby to come over and take care of the boy, I backed away preparing for my next job.

I went back to my treehouse and found a top and another top but this one was cropped, I put them both on and some leggings and run out to the garden.

"Hey y/n" Zart waves "Hey Zart, let's get to work shall we? What have you got planned for me today?" I ask and he explains we're planting and checking the plants whilst harvesting a few.

I get straight to work, The Greenie and Newt decided to help, I started to dig a little to plant some seeds, I wiped my forehead and re-styled my hair into a new bun.

Newt had his back turned to me, I grabbed the hose beside me and turn it on, i fire it at Newt's back and soak him head to toe laughing "COLD!!" He yelled as he turns to me.

Everyone laughed but then he grabbed another hose and turned it on facing me making me drenched in water "LIZARD!" I squeal.

Everyone went back to work after a few minutes, I was boiling so I take off my top and put it to one side, I only had my tank top on now as I worked, it felt nice to have the air refresh my body.

I look up from my work and see the boys staring at me "what?" I furrow my eyebrows confused, the boys get back to what they were doing, the greenie started asking newt questions about escaping.

"Look, we've tried everything alright, anything you could think of we've tried, now if you want to be useful go get some more fertiliser" newt says and Zart laughs.

I follow the greenie into the Forest for fertiliser, as I search I notice the greenie looking at a tree with a sign that said 'George' "who's George?" He asks facing me and I shrug.

"Only arrived two days ago, I don't know that much sor-" I stop speaking as I see a blonde looking fellow looking at us, murder in his eyes.

I start backing away slowly, grabbing the greenie's wrist in the process, the boy suddenly sprints, me and the greenie run as fast as we can "I saw you both!" He yells.

I scream out as we exit the forest catching people's attention, suddenly the boy tackles me I scream out in pain as he attacks me to the ground, i smash my head on the floor "this is your fault!" He spits.

I struggle against the boys grip "GET OFF ME YOU UGLY SHANK!" I scream, a shovel hits the boy across the head causing him to fall off me, I scramble backwards until I bump into someone's legs, i look up to see Newt with a shovel.

He was the one that knocked the crazy boy off me, I get up and hug Newt "thank you" I whisper and he hugs me back "lift up his shirt!" Alby demands and a glader does as he was told.

He lifted up the shirt only to reveal dark marks spreading through his body "no, no, no, no, no, please!" The boy pleads "he's been stung" Gally says looking at the boys.

"In the middle of the day?" A boy questions, "please please help!" The boy begged as he was pinned down "take him to the pit!" Alby ordered.

"Everybody help, take him to the pit" The all obeyed, Newt let go off me and went to help the others as the boy struggled, "please please I can get better!" The blonde shakes.

"Calm down Ben!" Gally says, Ben so that was his name, everyone backed away as he was being carried from the scene.

"So what happened to him?" The greenie known as Thomas asks, "it's called the changing." Alby answers, "it happens when someone gets stung, listen" he says.

"We haven't been able to get a clear word out of Ben since it happened, you know he's not making any sense and it's only going to get worse the infection is spreading, he's dangerous" Alby says.

"What did he say to you guys?" He questions and I look at Thomas, "He- he said he saw us and that it was our fault.." Thomas says "how could this be our fault?" I question.

"Well, get some rest" Alby says "wait Alby.." Thomas calls "ALBY!" I shout "yeah" he turns around "what's going to happen to him?" The boy asked, fear laced in his voice.

Alby left us, no answer, I didn't even realise Chuck was listening, we all heard yells of distress near the gate, "just listen to me!" It was Ben, we rush over to see what's happening.

"Just please, listen to me! Please, Minho!"
He calls to his friend "Alby!" He turns to the dark skinned boy as he was getting dragged away.

I run closer to see most of the boys in the glade with some sort of spear, i then see newt and he sees me, his attention turned back to Ben as the boy started sobbing.

"Oh no, please, please don't, please don't do it" Ben cries on the ground, Minho throws some supplies into the maze for Ben who was on his knees.

Thomas and I got closer to get a better view, "POLES!" Alby shouts and everyone points there objects to Ben, I see Chuck leave at the corner of my eye.

"No, no, no, no, please help me, please, I can get better! Listen to me! Please.. oh please no" Ben repeated as the boys pushed him into the maze as the doors closed.

"PUSH HIM IN!!" Alby shouts as they got closer to the doors, Ben cries out, the boys give him one final push as the doors closed, he had one choice, get squished or go to the other side to the maze.

He ran to the other side and stood still making eye contact with me and Thomas one last time, finally the doors fully closed, all the boys heads were down.