Chapter 5

"Where are the girls you abducted!?Besides, I have two questions for you!" Tanjiro yelled at the demon as it surfaced. It started grinding its teeth, making me wince at the sound. The demon then submerged back underground, and I sensed Kazuko close by.

"Who was that?" I heard Kazuko as he caught up to us.

"Kazuko, Please carry her and stand beside me. As long as you stand on this side, I can protect you!" He yelled to Kazuko as he handed her the girl.

Tanjiro stayed on the ground as he carefully stepped forwards.

"Tanjiro! There's three of them!" As soon as I shouted that, I sensed one of them travel up the wall. He submerged from the wall, and flipped himself onto the roof, swinging at me.

I quickly stepped out of the way, holding my sword out in front of me. I felt the other two surround Tanjiro as he attacked them.

I jumped off the roof, and landed a few yards away from the boys, trying to keep the third demon away from them.

The demon in front of me dove into the ground, and I focused on his vibrations. I angled my sword down towards the ground, waiting for the demon to surface.

As soon as the demon rose up, I stabbed him. His arm flew off, and he growled. I quickly took this opportunity to get some distance.

He escaped underground again, and I tensed. He surfaced behind me, and I quickly twisted my body.

Total Concentration. Spirit Breathing, Second Form, Piercing Spirit. I slashed my sword at him as spiritual mist surrounded my blade. The mist was freezing cold, as it poured from my sword. It left a trail of mist, and I aimed for his neck. He quickly dodged the attack, escaping underground.

I ran back over to Tanjiro, waiting for one of them to appear. They were probably the same demon, just split into three. It was similar to the one I killed in the Final Selection. Soon enough, one of them did rise above ground.

"Damn you!" He suddenly yelled, catching me off guard. "Don't get in the way! If this drags on, the woman's flesh
won't be fresh enough! The girl is already 16 years old. If I don't eat her, the taste of her flesh will get worse every minute!" He screamed, frustrated with the situation.

"Hey, you. Calm down. It's okay." Another one surfaced.

"Even if we can't eat her tonight, we've already eaten a lot of 16-year-old girls in this town. Every one of them was delicious. I'm already satisfied." He stated, and I frowned.

The third one appeared from the wall, as he loudly ground his teeth.

"But I'm not! I still want to eat more!" The first one complained.

"Monsters! Return Satoko who you abducted the day before yesterday to me." Kazuko yelled at the demons, gripping the girl in his arms.

"Satoko? Who do you mean?" One of them pulled something out. "If her hairpin is among these trophies, then we've eaten her." He laughed, and Kazuko gasped in horror. I couldn't see the hairpins, but judging by his reaction, Satoko's was probably in there.

"Hey, I know!" One of them moved. "We could eat this girl! She's a nice ripe age!" He laughed, referring to me. The other one stopped growling, and started laughing too.

The whiney one then hungrily charged at me. I jumped out of the way, slashing my sword at him. I only sliced some of his shoulder off. They're so fast.

Tanjiro dodged one of them, but stepped too close to the wall, I sprinted over to him, sensing one of the demons attack Tanjiro from the wall. I swiftly sliced the demon's arms off before he could touch Tanjiro. We tried to navigate as all three demons attacked us at once.