Chapter 33

IM ALIVE I SWEAR I JUST LOST MOTIVATION IM TRYNNA GET BACK INTO IT SORRRYYY

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I let out a sigh standing on the roof of one of the houses that sheltered the girls. It was the next day and the boys had spent the night in the houses they were assigned to.

Uzui had ordered me to meet up with the boys so they could report anything suspicious. He was supposed to come by in check in later but he needed to check a few things before he could meet. I might've been a bit early due to my concern for their well beings which left me standing on the roof alone listening to the morning birds.

Sudden footsteps on the roof alarmed me making me jump. Before I could react two strong arms wrapped around my waist from behind, lifting me off the ground.

"Don't leave your guard down Kazumi!" A familiar voice laughed over my shoulder as I let out a shriek from being hoisted up from the roof like this.

"I-Inosuke! Put me down!" I exclaimed but he only laughed loudly and spun around.

"You left yourself wide open! I'm showing you how much better I am at combat!" He yelled and I gripped his forearms around my waist.

"Combat?! What kind of-" My complaints were cut off by Tanjiro's arrival as he just chuckled at the scene.

"Oh how sweet! Inosuke's so excited to see you Kazumi!" He laughed warmly and I sighed. Inosuke paused probably looking over at Tanjiro.

"Finally! What took you so long?! I got here way before you!" Inosuke stopped moving but kept his arms around my waist as he stood behind me.

I raised a brow at Inosuke's words. Didn't he just get here like a minute ago? If anything I was here way before either of them.

"Oh were you? Sorry for making you wait." Tanjiro apologized letting out a sheepish laugh as he walked closer to us.

"Where's Zenitsu? He's supposed to be here by now..." I muttered my hands still on Inosuke's forearms but my grip loosening.

"Who cares about that loser- I've got big news!" Inosuke announced as he unlatched his arms from my waist stepping forward.

"You do?" Tanjiro asked his tone growing concerned.

"Was it a demon?!" I asked worried about what Inosuke had run into.

"You bet your ass it was a demon! It was so annoying, I was so close to catching it!" Inosuke confirmed and I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

"Are you sure?" Tanjiro asked trying to confirm Inosuke's report.

"I told you! There's a demon at my house, alright?!" Inosuke yelled as we now crouched on the roof.

"Really?" Tanjiro asked, his voice shaking a bit.

"I'm telling you! It looked like this!" I sensed Inosuke start flailing his arms around as he tried to mimick what the demon was like.

"You know what I mean- like this!" He switched to a different position and I sighed while Tanjiro sat there confused.

"Yeah... I totally believe you... just hold on a second." Tanjiro muttered and Inosuke growled in frustration.

"Like this! Now you see what I'm sayin?!" Inosuke put his hands together and wiggled his fingers trying to describe the demon.

"Was it.. crawling or something?" I asked, trying to guess what he was talking about.

"More like... slithering!" He answered, and I tensed.