Chapter 24

I sat on the bench, jumping as the loud noise of banging and laughing startled me.

"Incredible! I'm actually inside this titan!" Inosuke screamed, banging on what I assumed was the window. The harsh vibrations from the action making me tense.

"Stop, you're going to break the glass!" Zenitsu yelled, and I sensed him move, probably trying to pry the wild boy from the wall.

"Inosuke, please." I sighed, reaching out and grabbing the boy's wrist. He suddenly froze, ceasing in banging on the window. I softly pulled him towards me, Inosuke allowing me to do so.

"Fine..." The boy grumbled, plopping down on the bench next to me. Zenitsu gaped at the two of us, muttering something about how it wasn't fair that Inosuke only listened to me, comparing him to a dog at some point.

"Why are you on this train? Do you have a mission?" Rengoku asked, and I glanced in his direction.

"We received the order from the crow. We were told that the casualties of the Infinite Train continues to increase. And were ordered here. To meet up with you as soon as possible. So, it turned out to be this way." Tanjiro explained, and Rengoku hummed lowly.

"Got it!" He replied firmly.

The two continued to talk about personal things, such as Tanjiro's questions about other Breathing techniques. I turned away from them, deciding to give them privacy.

"So, Kazumi." Zenitsu started from in front of me, and I perked up in response.

"You see through vibrations and all that freaky stuff, right?" Zenitsu asked, and I tilted my head slightly.

"Yes?" I replied, allowing him to continue.

"So does being on a moving train bother you?" The boy finished, and Inosuke perked up from his slouching position, suddenly interested in the conversation. I paused before answering, not used to questions about my sight.

"To put it simply, yes." I replied, and I heard Zenitsu groan, and Inosuke let out a loud 'huh?'. "The constant harsh vibrations of the train are tiresome and distracting. It also feels unstable, and it makes it a little harder to focus." I admitted, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Oh, this is just great! Now Kazumi's going to be weaker! Who the hell is going to protect me now?! We're all gonna die!" Zenitsu stressed, and I sensed him lean forwards, holding his head in his hands.

"Kazumi, is this evil beast harming you?! I'll kill it!" Inosuke hopped up, hands instinctively going for his swords. I gasped, jumping up and grabbing his hands.

"No! I'm fine! Don't do that!" I exclaimed, prying his hands from the handles of his blades.

"Stay back! I'll protect you!" He continued, and I shook my head frantically.

"You're making a scene, Inosuke!" I panicked, pushing the male back down into his seat. He crashed back down on the bench, and I outstretched my hands, pressing on his chest to keep him there as he struggled to get back up.

"Your friends sure are lively." Rengoku stated, glancing over at us. Zenitsu was rocking back and forth by now, muttering his anxieties as I stood in front of Inosuke, pleading for him to calm down as I held him down on the bench.

"Uh, yeah..." Tanjiro cheepishly chuckled.

Inosuke slipped out from under my hands, quickly yanking the window open.

"So fast!" He screamed, and Zenitsu sprung up, wrapping his arms around the boy, trying to drag him back inside.

"That's dangerous, you idiot!" Zenitsu yelled, and I straightened back up, letting out a sigh.