Chapter 22

Inosuke lunged forwards, but I quickly stepped back. He threw a punch at me, which I blocked with my arm. I went to swipe my leg under his, but he jumped over my legs, flipping over me. I ducked under a punch of his. He used that opportunity to try and kick me, so I grabbed his leg, and threw him to the side.

He growled, flipping around to that he landed on his feet. He ran at me again, aiming to punch me in the side, but I caught his fist. While he had me distracted, he tripped me, sending me to the ground. I rolled out of the way of a kick, flipping back up. I ducked backwards under a kick, forgetting how low Inosuke fights to the ground. I was basically in a back bend now. I kicked up at Inosuke as I flipped over, landing back on my feet. He leaned back, avoiding the attack. However, my foot did come in contact with something. I felt his mask slip off with my kick before sensing it clatter to the ground. Inosuke didn't seem to mind either because he was too caught up in the fight, or because he knew I couldn't see his face anyways.

We continued to spar as Inosuke laughed loudly, clearly enjoying himself. I smiled, finding his happiness enlightening. Every time I landed a hit on him he seemed to get even more excited, and when he landed a hit on me, he asked me if it was cool.

Inosuke tried to punch me, but I grabbed his arm, using his weight to throw him to the ground. Inosuke fell, but not before gripping my sleeve, pulling me down with him. I landed on top of the wild boy. I propped myself up, my hands on either side of his head, his torso being sandwiched by my thighs. My eyes were wide, feeling Inosuke's body warmth, along with his soothing vibrations. I could feel his breath hit my face as he panted heavily. I was doing the same, the sparring tiring both of us.

Inosuke suddenly grabbed my waist, flipping me over onto the ground. He sat on top of me, gripping my wrists with one hand.

"I WIN!" He yelled, basking in his victory. I laughed softly, and he paused.

"I guess that makes us even." I smiled, and he scoffed.

"I'll win again, making me the best." He stated, leaning down, and letting go of my wrists.

"In order to do that, you're going to actually have to win first." I replied, and Inosuke leaned even closer to my face. My head rested between his elbows, and I could feel Inosuke's heartbeat significantly pick up.

"Watch me, Kazumi." He replied.

My eyes widened as I felt lips crash roughly against mine.

He-

He's-

HE'S KISSING ME?!

The kiss was as aggressive as Inosuke. I quickly got over my initial shock, letting my eyes flutter shut. I felt my lips move back, melting into the kiss. I lifted my hands to Inosuke's hair, surprised to feel long soft locks. I pictured his hair to be shorter. It must've reached his shoulders, about the same length as mine. I entangled my fingers in the boy's hair as he moved one of his hands to my cheek. At this point, Inosuke had settled down, kissing softer, more gently. We eventually pulled away, and I panted slightly.

"Kazumi, I really like you..." Inosuke started. "I like you more than anyone else! I like you like I like fighting!" He confessed, and my eyes widened. Inosuke... likes me back!?

"Inosuke..."

Then it all hit me. How close Inosuke was, the kiss, it caused my face to burn up in embarrassment. My hands left Inosuke's hair, and instead I brought them to my face, covering it.

"Get your damn hands out of your face!" Inosuke yelled, and I squealed in surprise.

"No! You're too close!" I shouted back, remembering the comments of others about my face.