Chapter 2

For some odd reason, a wave of nerves hit me as I parked my car at Jamie's place at seven.  The guys and I hung out a lot but tonight felt different.  

Trying to shake off whatever has come over me, I grab my bag and make my way over to the elevator.  When the elevator doors close I realize that I wasn't shivering like I have been the past couple of months.  Spring wasn't here just yet but the familiar chill of winter in Texas was starting to subside.  

The elevator pinged, the doors opening onto Jamie's floor.  I can hear the dull sound of music coming from his door as I knock loudly hoping that someone inside will be able to hear over the music.  Before I can knock again, the door swings open, and the bright face of Jordie greets me.   I'm instantly engulfed in a huge hug, knocking the breath out of me.  While still holding me tightly, he walks backward into the apartment and closes the door before releasing me. 

"Jordie, I just saw you a couple hours ago," I struggle to catch my breath after he has knocked it out of me. 

"Yeah, yeah I know.  It's good to see a girl around here after being stuck with these losers all day," he walks into the kitchen as he continues to talk, giving me a chance to look around.  

Both Jasons are sitting on the couch, looking like they are fighting over what movie to watch.  Cody Eakin sits on one of the bar stools and greets me quietly.  I forget that Jordie is talking and walk into the kitchen, immediately meeting the eyes of none other than Tyler.  He's brought Marshall, his lab, over to the apartment and is sitting on the floor petting him.  Marshall jumps up and runs over to me, licking my hands and barking loudly.  

"Where's Cash?," I look at Tyler confused, wondering where Tyler's second lab is. 

"He's somewhere around here with Jamie," he looks over at me cautiously, "Marshall really likes you," 

"He's a good dog," Tyler continues to glance over at me, "I've always wanted a lab," 

He nods, getting up from his position on the floor, starting to talk to Jordie.  He gives me the chance to look at the rest of him.  He's wearing his Under Armour sneakers that he wears after every practice, a Stars Hockey sweatshirt, and a pair of athletic pants.  His sleeves are pushed up and I can just make out the start of his two tattoo sleeves on his arms.  The ink that covers him usually hides under his hockey gear, but now it's on full display and makes him look like something other than a NHL player.  

I finally get up from the floor and pet Marshall some more before heading into the living room.  All the boys are packed onto the couch, gathered around the large big screen.  Jamie walks into the room, along with Cash clumsily walking behind him.  

"So, what movie are we watching?" Jamie makes his way over to me, plopping down on the floor.  

"I'm voting for 21 Jump Street," Spezza yells from the corner of the couch, holding up the DVD. 

"Cash, come here!!," I ignore the talks of what to watch, not caring all that much.  

I settle down next to Jamie and play with Cash while the boys decide on the movie. 

After ten minutes of bickering, Spezza is satisfied when they come to agreement on 21 Jump Street. 

Halfway into the movie, I am utterly bored.  I mean yeah, Channing Tatum is one sight to see but I've seen this movie one too many times to still find it interesting at this point.  Cash seems to have run out of energy and is resting his head on my leg.  I peek up and glance over at the guys, surprised to see that Demers has dozed off and Jordie is pretty close as well.  The sound of Tyler laughing pulls my gaze over to his, where we meet eye contact.  He narrows his eyes at me, I roll my eyes in response and he raises his eyebrows at me in what seems like amusement.