Chapter 26

here to say I love you all and if half of you have already given up on me I don't blame you. IM SORRY BUT HERE IS SOME WELL OVERDUE SEGS AND JADE SO ENJOY!!!!

"Which one?" Paige holds two dresses up in my direction as I wander around the small boutique. One appears to be a tighter, midi dress in a light blue and the other is a dark chocolate color with a cut out back.

"Brown, without a doubt. It will bring out your eyes," Paige looks at both of them a second time before disappearing behind the curtain of the makeshift dressing room.

Waiting for Paige to walk back out, I busy myself on trying to find more clothes for the summer. I won't be at the rink every single morning which means I need something other than my usual sweatshirts.

"You are going to kill this business dinner," I say to Paige as she walks out slowly, analyzing every angle of her reflection in the mirror. The dress fits like it was made only for her, hugging the curves of her body but still looking modest despite the cut outs.  Paige's blonde hair contrasts against the deep brown of the dress and makes her eyes pop even more than I pictured.

She bites her lip and finally looks like she's made up her mind after another five minutes of me convincing her. I take her place in the dressing room and try on a few things before deciding on buying a bikini top and a summer dress that Paige insisted on.

"Now I have something for my thing and you have something for your thing." I look over at her questioningly before she attempts at subtly adding, "You know, your upcoming summer in Toronto." Paige winks after we check out and join the group of tourists walking down the busy street.

"Good one," Paige smiles at my tone but I can't help but grimace. Looking back two nights ago with Tyler leads to my usual overthinking. I practically threw myself at him and that was a mere hour after I was accusing him of sleeping with another girl. The fact that Tyler didn't deny my assumption hasn't been the best situation to toss around my head either.

"I can actually see the thoughts of doubt spreading like wildfire right now and it needs to stop. That hockey hunk wouldn't have asked you to spend the summer with him if he didn't want you! And I'm not talking about sex because based on what you told me, he's a lot more caring than I thought." Paige walks into another clothing store without looking back at me to see my reaction to her words. 

She grabs a bohemian flowing shirt and thrusts it into my hands before I take a glance around the shop.  A knowing smirk spreads across Paige's face when I take a second glance at the shirt and keep it in my hands as we walk to another rack.

"Do you remember when I was busting your ass to meet him?" 

"Funny how now I'm the one busting your ass for advice about him,"  I glance down at my phone to find an Instagram mention in my notifications as Paige takes her turn in our second dressing room of the day. 

"Speak of the devil,"  I murmur to myself after opening the app and finding that Tyler posted a picture, tagging me in the caption.  

A picture of Cash as a puppy sits on my phone screen with Tyler's caption: Back before Cash ditched me for @jcunningham #tbt #trader

"That smile was not there before I tried this on,"  Paige walks out and looks down at me before grabbing my phone out of my hand.  She doesn't say anything after returning the phone to my hands but she stares at me for a few minutes before turning around with a smug grin. 

"I'm going crazy over the other night and his stupidly cute Instagram post makes me lean further towards Toronto."  I finally like the photo and scroll through the comments as Paige analyzes herself in the mirror again.