Chapter 23

author's note- wanted to fit this lil note in quickly, I could bring up multiple excuses as to why I haven't updated in around three months but the main reason is that I haven't gotten around to writing as much as I would like to, AND FOR THAT I AM SO SO SO SORRY!!!!  Without you guys I probably wouldn't have written this until another month or five from now, lol.  I MISSED READING ALL YOUR COMMENTS THAT MAKE ME SMILE AND LAUGH FOR WHAT SEEMS LIKE HOURS :-) also thank u again to everyone who has commented the most hilarious things within the last two weeks you, I'm glad that you like the story no matter how unstructured and messy it is!
HOPE U GUYS LIKE THIS!!!

"Two more laps, you guys are starting to look lazy!"  Lindy's loud voice echoes through the rink as the Stars glide down the ice, leaving a few of the guys far behind.   Jamie's the last one on the ice as he talks to the group of coaches when I slowly walk out of Jim's small office.   Tonight is the Stars' last game before the standings for the playoffs become final.  Saying the stress level is high doesn't cover it.  I've been too nervous to see where we stand but from overhearing this morning's conversations it's safe to say that it is going to be a close call. 

Before I make it to the bench where Jamie is sitting, focused on his skates, a hand clamps down on my upper arm and starts to drag me back down the hallway.   The enticing black swirls of ink cloud my vision as I let Tyler lead me past several doors, not wasting my energy on asking where we are going.  He has the usual fitted black t-shirt on and a pair of sweatpants with sneakers.  Tyler's post practice hair sticks up in different directions but he looks just as sexy as he would if it was combed back and styled.  

We stop, nearing the end of the long hallway, and he pulls me into the equipment room.  A large smirk covers his face before he hovers closer above me, pushing my back up against the wall.  Tyler's warm lips are on mine in a second and I'm completely unaware of our surroundings when he slips his hand underneath my sweatshirt.  My skin is buzzing and my head is spinning off its axis when he presses his whole body to mine.  Our hands are everywhere and I finally settle mine in his hair, tugging and pulling harder every time he groans against my neck. 

"I feel like I haven't touched you in ages,"  His deep voice rumbles in my ear, nipping on my lobe when I don't respond right away. 

"It was only two away games,"  I don't recognize my breathy voice when I finally find the words to answer him. 

"I'm just gonna look at my sticks and I'll be leaving,"  Jamie's voice carries down the hallway, pulling me away from Tyler's lips and gasping for air.  I try to grab his attention by hitting his rock hard arm and he pushes his disheveled hair off his forehead.  My eyes widen when the door knob twists back and forth and I glance around the room in a panic.  This is not how I want Jamie to find out what's going on between Tyler and I.   Tyler spots the large cabinet before I do, pushing me in quickly and grabbing a stick behind him to look like he's actually doing something. 

Through the small crack of the cabinets I can make out Tyler opening the door, "This damn door is always getting stuck,"  He mumbles while the giant that is Jamie Benn leans down to fit in the door frame.  I zone out on the conversation when they start talking about the game but when Jamie brings up a few girls coming over to his apartment, I refocus on their words. 
"Your girl Brooke is gonna be there, Segs."  Jamie's obvious smirk widens while Tyler clears his throat and glances in the cabinet's direction.  

He rubs the back of his neck and shuffles awkwardly and my suspicion level rises. Despite all of the rumors around Tyler's reputation with girls, this could be the only time I learned a small part of the actual truth behind Tyler's flings.  I still remember the feeling of my hot red face when Tyler told me the supposed blonde he was talking to months ago was his sister.  He laughed at me for nearly ten minutes when I told him what specific role I thought she played in his life.