Chapter 25

author's note- HAPPY NEW YEARS!!! (this might be a little late) I wanna thank you all for: GETTING THIS STORY TO 70K WTF IT TOOK ME A HOT MINUTE TO PROCESS & FOR READING THIS STORY THROUGHOUT 2015, I KNOW I SAY IT A LOT BUT YOUR COMMENTS, VOTES AND READS MAKE MY DAY !(EVERYDAY!!)

this chapter happened because I was sore after a workout (lol you will see) so I HOPE U LIKE IT (: Please don't hate me too much, I'm trying to figure out the plot a bit more because it's honestly a mess  :/

ANYWAYS, THANK YOU AGAIN FOR READING BUSINESS AFFAIRS, HERE'S TO THE NEW YEAR AND A WHOLE LOT MORE HOCKEY !!

Tyler's heavy arm wrapped around my middle is the first thing I notice when I open my eyes to the brightness of the sun leaking through the blinds to the right of his bed. He shifts next to me and pulls me closer to his bare chest. The pattern of his breath changes, telling me that he's awake as well so I turn my head to face him slowly.

Tyler's eyes gleam in the morning light as he says a quiet 'good morning' with his groggy voice. His disheveled hair paired with the sluggish movements of his hands moving up and down my back should be considered lethal.

"Hi," My voice comes out to be just above a whisper before I glance around the big bedroom. I didn't get much of a chance to take it all in last night since it was covered in darkness and Tyler didn't give me a full tour when I came here the first time.

As my eyes wander around the room, I stretch my legs out underneath the comforter, wincing after finding that I'm rather sore from my run yesterday.  If Paige was here she would've thrown me her foam roller and yelled at me for neglecting to stretch.  The fact that she doesn't care about her own fitness but critiques me about mine will never be clear in my mind. 

I empty my head of any thoughts of Paige and her absurdity, moving back up closer to Tyler's welcoming arms. 

"Only good thing about the season being over is the fact that there is a break from morning practices." His lips linger over my ear before kissing my temple and lifting my chin so that I look up at him.

"I'm sure you have a whole list of things that can occupy you now that summer's almost here,"

"M'hoping that you will join me this summer so I don't have to result to that list of things." Tyler raises his eyebrows with a small smile on his face. I narrow my eyes at him and ignore his statement while I run my fingers through his bed head.

"Your hair is getting long," I don't know why I say the observation aloud, noting the soft curls at the top of his head that are reminding me of Superman for some reason. If someone told me a few months ago that I would be waking up to a warm and cozy Tyler to the left of me, I probably would have laughed in their face. Now all I can manage to do is take my gaze away from him before I'm caught staring for the fifth time.

Tyler doesn't struggle to reach the long strands of my hair and tug them gently when he says, "Yours can't grow anymore, that's how long it is." With a teasing smile, he whispers, "I'll go along with this since I know you are avoiding what I said about the summer," smacking a kiss at the corner of my mouth after and getting out of the large bed.

Tyler's warmth dissipates after a few seconds of him leaving the bed but seems to relocate to my cheeks once he catches me staring. I bury behind the sheets, hoping to avoid seeing his apparent humor of my flushed face. His strong arms reach out to grab me and drag me away from the coziness with ease before I register what Tyler is doing.

He walks into his large closet to locate a t-shirt and comes back into the bedroom to rummage through his dresser before asking, "Are you cool with going somewhere for breakfast?"