4, Their Own Safety!

SUDDENLY, THE TV BEGAN rewinding back

SUDDENLY, THE TV BEGAN rewinding back. Then, it forwarded. Then, it rewinded back again. It forwarded again.

Rewind slammed his fist on the table, turning his head to the side so Fast Forward knew he was talking to her. "I want to see it again."

"And I don't want to see it again." Fast Forward retorted. Holly rolled her eyes at the twins.

"And here comes Mrs. Vox to the rescue. She'll get those aliens singing a different tune."

It showed Mrs. Vox, A Capella's mother, singing which was blowing up some robot aliens. Just as she tried to blow up a big one, one came up behind her and wrapped its claw-like things around her mouth before taking her. A Capella gasped.

"They took Mrs. Vox!"

It then showed Lavagirl, who was throwing balls of lava at the big one. While doing so, she accidently hit Tech-No. "They got Tech-No."

Wild Card gasped softly and quietly. Holly glanced back at him. Because she was distracted by hitting Tech-No with lava and him being taken, Lavagirl didn't see the alien robot coming up behind her. She had been taken.

"And there goes Lavagirl!"

Guppy gasped, sighed and placed her head in her hands and A Capella began rubbing her back sympathetically.

"What is happening? Our heroes are dropping like flies!"

"They won't get Blinding Fast." Wheels said as Blinding Fast appeared on the screen, going in circles. "Not him, he's too—."

Holly was sure Wheels had jinxed it as Blinding Fast was taken. Out of the kids' parents, Holly's mother and Missy's father were the only ones left. Holly had no idea how Honey stayed that long as she controlled the weather. As Honey looked around the sky as if she were looking for something or someone, she also got taken. Holly placed her chin in the palm of her hand and Noodles placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Oh no. They've got Honey which means it's all up to Marcus Moreno now."

Marcus fell, and he hit a car. Holly felt like laughing, but held it in. Marcus stood up and went to run forward, only to be stopped by the alien robots as every one of them stood in front of him. He pressed his watch, and Missy's watch beeped. The girl stood up and held her watch to her mouth.

"Dad? Dad, we had a deal."

"I know. I promised I wouldn't be a hero anymore. But I'm still the leader of the Heroics."

"Dad? Dad, run! Get out of there!"

"And a good leader... leads by example."

"Dad!"

"I'm sorry, honey." He exhaled deeply, before throwing himself at the alien robots. Missy whimpered.

"This is... unbelievable. Unimaginable."

Noodles and Holly shared a sad look.

"Ladies and gentlemen... the Heroics have fallen."

"We're getting word that the president would like to address the nation."

Holly found the president weird. Like, her ex-best friend type of weird. Karina (her ex-bestie) was the most weirdest person she knew, and all her friends now would agree. "People of America, as you have witnessed, the Heroics have been captured. Military forces are stepping in, mobilising to bring our heroes back. But, although it looks rather hopeless... it's bad, it—it's hopelessly bad."

"How did this guy ever get to be president?" Facemaker questioned, pointing at the screen. "He can't even put two sentences together."

"We have just received a message from the supreme commander of the aliens that has been de-coded. It reads, "We are from the Planet Ogima. Unfortunately, we have no choice but to prepare you for... takeover. Please comply, or else Earth will be destroyed. You have three hours." I'm afraid that was the entire message. There are no heroes left. God save us all."

And then, the TV went off. Holly furrowed her eyebrows. She had never heard of the planet Ogima, it sounded made up to her.

Then, it switched back on and Ms. Granada came on the screen. Holly glanced at Ojo, after all, Ojo was Ms. Granada's daughter. "Children, for your own safety, we're going into full lockdown. No one leave your seats. As long as you stay where you are, you are all safe." She smiled, and the TV lifted upwards and disappeared out of sight.

"Yeah, right." Noodles commented, his arms crossed. "They can't protect us from that. We just saw it."

Wild Card looked over at him and Holly, but his eyes were on Noodles as he was the one who spoke. "You got a better idea?"

"We should probably do what Ms. Granada says." Guppy replied, and Holly looked at the table. Her fingers were tapping against it to the tune of We Will Rock You by Queen. Noodles hummed along.

"Uh, pardon me, but—."

"The last look on my dad's face will haunt me forever." Facemaker said. Noodles and Holly turned to look at him as he mimicked the last look on Crushing Low's face.

"What do they want from us?" A Capella questioned, sharing a look with Holly who sat across the room from her.

"Do you think our parents are okay?" Rewind wondered, and Noodles and Holly exchanged a glance.

"I hope they are, otherwise our parents wasted money on booking a room and everything for their wedding." Holly gestured between herself and Noodles. At the mention of the wedding, Holly grinned and Wild Card smiled as she rambled about her parents' wedding. "The wedding which you are all invited to, by the way. Of course, I'm their maid of honour and I've already chosen the colour for my dress. It's going to be a baby pink because I'm a sucker for pink."

"Uh, excuse me?" Missy exclaimed louder than the first time. Holly rolled her eyes and turned to Missy, but the younger girl ignored her glare.

"What?" Wild Card said, annoyed.

"We need to leave this room right now." Missy stood up, and Holly furrowed her eyebrows.

"Why?" Guppy wondered.

"Because the aliens know where we are, and they're coming for us next." Missy told everyone, before her eyes landed on Holly.

Wild Card scoffed. "How could you possibly know that?"

"Did you forget that drawing? You were the one who pointed it out." Missy ignored Wild Card, which made Holly glare at her.

Holly rolled her eyes at Missy. "Actually, I didn't forget the drawing." She said, giving Missy a look. "I just chose to ignore it and hope that her drawing was a mistake."

"Wait." Wild Card said, his eyebrows furrowing as he looked between the two girls glaring at one another. "What drawing?"

Missy, as if she owned the place, strutted towards Ojo. Holly rolled her eyes. "Demon!" She exclaimed, and Missy turned and narrowed her eyes at Holly before she took the iPad off Ojo and walked to the front of the classroom.

Holly frowned as she noticed the look on Ojo's face. "Did your parents ever teach you it wasn't nice to snatch things off other people? Especially if that thing belonged to them, and not you? Apolo—!"

Missy cut Holly off. "Ojo drew these."

𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆 ☼ Wild CardOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara