Test: Part 1

A/N: This chapter got to long for my tastes, so I split it up. Two parts and a stand alone chapter. So saying, this chapter is a bit shorter then my other chapters, I hope you don't mind!

Angelus
______________________________________________________

Severus woke up late as he had been exhausted from his four day brewing and avoidance exercise.

Showering, the young Fae made sure his glamour was on correctly, got dressed in slacks and a black button up, and slathered himself in the scent neutralizing potion before slipping out to the kitchen to grab a bit of toast.

It was already nine thirty so he quickly grabbed a cloak and ran for Hogsmead.

When Severus got there he pulled up his hood and quickly headed for the public floo and grabbed some powder.

"Ministry of magic, auditorium!" He whisper loudly before he tossed the powder in the flames and was swallowed in green fire.

The Slytherin landed gracefully on his feet and stepped to the side.

He quickly got rid of his glamour so no one would recognize him and took off his school robe, stuffing it in his cloak pocket.

Taking a deep breath, Severus centered himself before straightening and followed the signs leading to the magical education floor, walking in just as the clock signaled ten.

"Heir Lunar?!" The receptionist called and Severus quickly hurried over.

"That would be me." He said lowly trying not to draw any more attention from the few others in the waiting room.

The women nodded and led him into a small room to the side, all it had was a desk, chair, and a stack of paper with a self inking quill.

"The test is two-five hours for written and five-seven hours for practical. All mandatory subjects are already present if you wish to add more there is a list on top of the stack, simply check the subjects and they will be added to the stack. Any unanswered questions will be marked as wrong, as well as mistakes in active testing. Once complete you will receive your results in one to two days by owl and the trace will be broken from your wand as you have finished your education. Your time will start as soon as you sit in the chair. Best of luck." The women explained before leaving the room and shutting the door.

Taking one last fortifying breath, Severus walked over to the desk, but didn't sit on it quite yet and instead picked up the quill and checked Ancient Runes, Arithmeticy, care of magical plants and animals etc.

Only when the stack got bigger did Severus sit down and instantly began tearing through the stack.

Using his Occlumency to the fullest, Severus pulled on the information he could remember and references he had taken time to read.

His mind was racing and his hand was flying as he answered question after question, quickly cutting the stack until he finished the last sheet and set it upon the stack of his completed work.

He hadn't known everything despite having read ahead and his addiction to reading obscure books, but he was confident he would at least pass and he had still a half hour left of the time limit which boosted his spirit a little.

The stack vanished as soon as the page was set on top and the door to the room opened allowing him to exit.

The receptionist looked surprised momentarily before smiling and standing up, motioning for him to follow her once more.

"Come this way. You will be tested one after another with half hour breaks between tests, should you need a magic replenishment potion at anytime please feel free to ask. You will not be aloud food as it may affect certain tests, but water is allowed." She explained as she led Severus to a large wooden door and opened it.

"This will be your testing room, we ask that you respect your testers and take their time seriously." She said and Severus nodded in a curt manner.

"Of course." He said seriously.

He hated when fools waisted his time and could understand how infuriating it could be.

The women nodded before leaving him alone once more.

=========================================================

2975 words unedited

3000+ words edited

701 words split up