Thinking & Decisions

Whoops....I got the drafts mixed up. This one was supposed to go before the other one....sorry😅

=========================================================

After his revelation Severus found himself in a good mood and decided to finish his homework so he could spend the rest of the summer how he wished in his new home.

He ate a little as he worked, carefully writing each essay until all he had to do was proof read and edit.

Severus was pleased to note that since his hands had been healed his hand writing has gotten better. The maurauders had transfigured his hands into snakes in third year, but because it was their first human transfiguration they hadn't taken into account for the nerves in his hands.

Madam Pompfry couldn't do anything for the nerve damage in his hands after Mcgonagle had transfigured his hands back and so he had found writing difficult and painful which is why his hand writing was as he had so often heard 'spidery'.

Severus finished around dinner and was putting his completed homework back into his trunk when he spotted a letter at the bottom.

For a moment, he just stared at it, his stomach twisting as he remembered just who it was from and what they wanted.

The missive had come during breakfast on the day of the train ride home, it had been from his old protector, Lucius.

The Malfoy, although older then Severus, had taken him under his wing and protected him from any attacks within the house, but of course this came at a cost.

Lucius had used Severus to make potions for him, having instantly taken notice of his talent and had used it to his advantage. He would provide Severus with the ingredients and the young boy would brew whatever he wanted without question, though he soon realized after overhearing some talk in the dorms and common room that some of his potions had been making it back to the Dark Lord.

At first Severus had felt fear, believing that if anyone knew he had made those potions that he would be thrown into Azkaban, but Lucius had reassured him that no one would find out.

The Malfoy heir even told him that the Dark Lord had told him to test Severus and persuade him to join them.

At first Severus had been wary, but as time went on and Tobias's abuse got worse and the murauders learned more spells he grew angry and bitter.

He started to enjoy the praise that came with every potion and soon he was drawn in to the dark arts by Lucius, loving the thrill of the high that came from the dark spells. With every summer he grew to hate muggles more and more and with every rejected plea his trust in the so called light broke until he was almost consumed.

Severus had been desperate when summer was approaching, Tobias had started becoming almost lethal in his beatings and his hatred had reached its brim when the incident happened and he had snapped, pushing away the one person he had thought of as a sister. Bit by then he and Lily had already grown apart as multiple fights broke out between them about Potter and his squad, with her taking Potter's side more and more.

It had been inevitable, but it had still broke a part of Severus when she joined in with the crowd of people who just stood and watched while he was humiliated.

He had tried to apologize, but she wouldn't listen and anytime he got near her Potter and his goons would humiliate him. All this and the fact that Lucius had graduated, leaving him free of his protection, some of the Slytherin who had hated him began making his life more difficult, by breaking into his trunk and destroying his homework and using him as a target for spells they were learning.