Inheritance & Leaving

Severus woke slowly, his usually sharp mind sluggish and his body heavy.

Slowly, pale eyelids peeled back to reveal glazed pitch pools, they stared blankly at the dark red puddle underneath him before sliding down to his tattered, bloody clothes.

Gradually Severus' eyes began to clear, his mind became more aware until the twin pearls of night lit with intelligence and remembrance before dimming in resignation.

Sighing in a defeated manner, Severus carefully began to pick himself up, surprised when instead of the agony he was expecting he only felt a bone deep ache that was more then manageable given the pain he was usually in.

Getting up, Severus walked to the cracked full-length mirror in the corner of his room, he took one glance at himself before gasping and taking a step back in shock.

Raising a shaking hand, Severus gently ran his fingers over the glass containing the strange creature looking back at him.

Watching in shock as the beautiful being in the mirror copied him.

"Oh Merlin, that's me!" He breathed in awe, bringing his hands up to feel the strange new plains of his face.

His awe was short lived though as it was slowly consumed by realization and dread.

"I'm pretty enough to sell now." He whispered in horror, Tobias's words about selling him echoed in his ears.

Quickly raising his mental shields Severus calmed himself down.

"I can not stay here." He decided after composing himself.

Looking out the window Severus relaxed a little when he saw the sun was just rising, meaning Tobias wouldn't be up for a few hours yet, giving him time to do what was needed.

Severus silently opened his bedroom door, having made sure to oil the hinges every summer just for this purpose and made his way to the bathroom across the hall on silent feet.

Stripping out of what was left of his clothes, he threw them away, knowing they couldn't be saved.

Gently, Severus turned on the sink, not using the shower in case it woke Tobias and grabbed a rag from one of the vanity drawers.

Wetting the rag he quickly wiped himself clean, marveling as more flawless skin was revealed, no longer marred by ugly red scars from his childhood.

The only evidence that they had been there were faint silver lines, but even then they were unnoticeable unless you knew where to look.

After Severus was done with his body he threw the blood stained rag away before bending over and sticking his head under the stream of water, using the soap bar to lather his hair as Tobias never let him use the shampoo.

He always said he didn't want to waste money on a freak.

After he got all the clumps free the young man rinsed his hair until the water ran clear and quickly finished in the bathroom, making sure to grab the medical kit under the sink before slipping back to his room to get dressed.