Chapter 24: Welcome to Dallas, hoodsie!

"Aww man, why is he coming?" I checked myself out in the mirror, making small adjustments to my dress before deciding it was enough.  It had been a while since I wore this one: an all black flare dress with small dots all over it that hit about 3 inches up from my knee with long sheer sleeves and a deep v neck.

"Well, he just broke up with... with...uh..."

"Yeah, exactly.  She didn't even stick around long enough for any of us to care about learning her name." My hair got some attention as I dared to leave it out for our night out knowing that it would probably be tied up again within the first 30 minutes. But I knew that Jamie secretly liked when it was out, so I left it.

"Still.  He seems broken up about this one."

"You're cool with being DD?" I asked as I finished my makeup, rubbing my finger below my bottom lip to get the extra cherry red lipstick off.

"Nah, I thought you could do it instead."

"Well I'll try to remember that when I'm 4 drinks in.  Alright, let's get going sweet cheeks." I smacked his booty as I walked past him toward the door and slid on a pair of black 3" clear heels.  Another dare, as heels didn't last very long on me when dancing was involved.

Now that Ana was officially a Dallasite, we decided it was time to have a loud and tipsy night out with our guys.  As we were getting ready to go, Jamie let me know that Seguin would be playing 5th wheel.  Although I did protest a bit, I thought it may be nice for the guys to have him around while Ana and I caught up.  The minute we walked into the pub, Ana caught my eye.  She was dressed to impress as well, dressed in an all black outfit featuring a black tie up top, also with clear sleeves, black slacks, deep red lipstick and her usually loose hair partly tied up in the front.  Standing next to a chatty Benn and Seguin, it was like she was invisible as the boys jumped into their long standing bromance.

"You look like you need a drink." I greeted Ana.

"Is it that obvious?" She replied. I grabbed her hand as we went up to the bar to get started.

"D!  Can you get me a-" Jamie started.

"Yes babe!  I'll be back." When we got to the bar, I looked at Ana, "Whitneys?"

"Let's do it!"  We immediately knocked back 2 shots each and went back to the table with our drinks of choice: Ana with her Coors and me with a vodka cranberry with an extra shot.

"Ugh...I can't believe you still drink that!"

She finished her sip with an over exaggerated and satisfied 'ahhhh'.   "Suuuuuuuuck one!  I still think you'd like it if you gave it a chance."

"Seriously doubt it. I'd have to be pretty drunk I think."

"Challenge accepted," she responded with an evil smile.

"Hello boys!" We settled in next to our guys, sliding them their drinks and started our own conversation.

"So, did you know he was gonna be here?"  I surreptitiously nodded my head toward Tyler.

"Ummm...no, actually.  I thought this was gonna be our night."

"Yeah, same here.  Jamie told me he just broke up with his latest girlfriend.  I didn't realize he had the capacity to be sad about a relationship."

"News to me."

"What are you ladies whispering about?"  Benn attempted to butt in.

"Funny enough Benn, uh, you." I retorted.  He responded with an annoyed look in my direction but that wasn't going to stop me.  "Yeah, we decided that you and Segs can live together in bliss and she'll move in with me and Jamie."