Chapter 23: Play-by-Play

After that temporary moment of celebration your brain did manage to remind you that you were still working and you made sure to record a video of the iconic and ridiculous dugout celebration whenever Gallo hit a HR. The players would imitate a roosters crow while Gallo would walk like a rooster through the dugout as he was showered with sunflower seeds. It was ridiculous, but it brought the team together when they were going through a tough stretch. Helping them get back to the basics and the reasons they play ball. Teams with Colorful characters always seem to win championships and this team certainly had a couple of those.

"Now that's exactly what we needed." Kyle finally looks up from his camera after capturing pictures of the players inside the dugout. " Did you manage to get a video amongst all your celebrating?" he inquires.

"As a matter of fact yes, yes I did." you proudly show him the video you took. " I might as well do some work too if I'm going to be out here."

"Alright awesome, send that video and these pictures out and then after this inning is over we're gonna head to the top deck along the first base line and get some shots where the sun is out of the way."

After a meeting at the mound with the pitching coach and catcher, Houck was able to find the strike zone again and finished the inning off without any more damage. This game was setting up to have an exciting finish and you were pretty sure that 3-2 was not going to be the final score. Before you left the dugout area you made sure to sneak in a selfie and send it out to Benn.

Wish you could be here with me! 😘 -AM

Within seconds you get the usual response back from him whenever you'd text him from a work trip.

I know me too, If I could be there tonight I would! ❤️-Chubbs

At the bottom of the fifth, Winn was able to accomplish what every pitcher should do after their team gave him a lead, maintaining it by retiring the side in order.

The blazing mid afternoon sun and small cramped ballpark filled with thousands of fans was starting to take a toll on you. Passing along the concessions stands as you headed towards the top deck of the ballpark, the smell of buttery popcorn and grilled hot links were calling out to you. How you wished you could stop and order a tall cold refreshing Sam Adams lager and take a seat and enjoy the rest of the game. It was one of the only things that was difficult about your assignment: the temptation of just wanting to relax and watch the ballgame was unreal. You'd say you're pretty lucky though if that was the only thing you could really complain about your job. You stay around the top deck for the next two innings.

During the bottom of the sixth inning, Winn allowed the lead off man to reach first base. The Rangers manager came out to the mound and took the ball from Winn signaling towards the bullpen for a pitching change. All in all it was a really solid outing for the up and coming Ace, with only two earned runs in five innings pitched. Enough to qualify him for the win, as long as the Rangers protect the lead. During the change Kyle snapped amazing shots of the view of the whole of Fenway's Park outfield, the Citgo sign behind the green monster, the video board and the Prudential building behind right field. They were pictures you had seen a thousand times but no matter how many times this view has been captured on camera each snapshot was unique in its own way. The sixth inning came and went and the score was still the same. This time you asked Kyle if you could make a quick pitstop to a certain section of seats at Fenway before you headed out to the Sam Adam's deck.

"Wait is this the Section from that Red Sox podcast you made me listen to a while back?" he asks as you're both walking along the concourse.

"Yup, sure is!" you confirm.