Chapter 17

Raymond put down his cup and said, facing the emperor.

“There is nothing that is not good. The two of us were divorced by
agreement. Even ordinary couples break up if they don't fit together.”

“You are not an ordinary couple.”

The emperor calmly refuted.

“You are the future Emperor and Empress. It's never an ordinary couple.”

“Yes, it was a normal couple. This was a simple family matter.However, since the woman has disgraced the name of the family with dirty rumors, it is not possible to move on to the marital problem.”

“........”

The emperor did not answer, but turned his gaze. His wrinkled fingers were touching the teacup.

The minister, who has been serving the emperor for 20 years, could see what the old emperor thought.

Even if the Duchess really had an affair, it is not the voice of a man who has lived in the government for nine years.

I can’t speak out, but the emperor refuted it. The prime minister did the same.

Of course, the royal family, especially the male royal family, always had a government.

“It’s just a rumor. I saw the witnesses together. How can you bet that there was a disgrace?”

The emperor spoke slowly and carefully, as if to tie Raymond.

The emperor was always friendly to his grandchildren, not only to his grandson Raymond, but to his son, Calix, who was the son of the Crown Prince.

However, as the two grew up, the relationship was divided into two extremes.
His grandson, Calix, genuinely liked the emperor who raised him, but his grandson Raymond constantly had conflicts with the emperor.

Even now Raymond laughed at his grandfather coldly.

“Your Majesty is always generous to her.”

“....”

At the rude words of the young Duke, he minister looked into the air and swallowed a moan.

The emperor hated Serena and sarcastically told Erin to be generous.

The conflict between the grandchildren began ten years ago when the emperor forced Raymond to marry her,There were signs of it from before that time, but it was from then that it was decidedly.

Then, the conflict between the two continued for years.

Raymond threw out a new bride and put the government into his palace, and the emperor refused to make Raymond the prince.

“Isn’t it better to be generous than to trust a rumor and to dismiss a wife who hasn’t been together for nine years?”

The emperor persuaded his grandson to be calm as if to comfort a child.
“Erin is a wise and good girl, and she has been in charge of the palace for nine years, and she has endured no matter what you do, she is good enough for us.”

Raymond’s blue-grey eyes flashed with annoyance. He seemed to be at the end of his patience.

Raymond spoke to the emperor while the prime minister looked at it with a breathtaking feeling.

Have a cup of tea. in a very strange way of speaking, even with a smile his face

“If you like her that much, make her Empress right now. The divorce process is over.”

The prime minister didn’t understand what it was at first, because Raymond had said it so casually and the meaning in it was so great.

The terrified minister turned to the emperor belatedly. But before he even opened his mouth, the emperor moved his hand holding the teacup.