Chapter 22

I asked him to finish this quickly because I was tired, but he didn't answer for a while. Raymond looked closely at Erin's face then said.

"It's not a big deal."

Having nothing to say, Raymond turned to Carlix sitting next to him.

"Why are you here?"

Carlix, who was only just eating the cookies that came with black tea next to him, answered calmly.

"It's a dessert cafe."

"So?"

"I came to eatdessert."

“......”

Raymond looked at his younger brother as if he was embarrassed. Then he woke up from his seat as if he didn't want to be involved any longer.

"We both better get going. You must've been tired." Erin didn't refute because she was so tired.

"Yes, thank you Your Grace, and Grand Duke, take care on your way back."

"I'll be back tomorrow, sister-in-law."

Carlix waved his hand to me before he went out the door. He saved my life, but I couldn't tell him not to come anymore. Erin replied with this weak smile.

"Yes, come tomorrow."

Raymond watched the two people for a while, then turned around and went out.

"Brother."

As soon as he came out the door, Carlix called Raymond.

"The robber who attacked sister-in-law
He didn't look like a normal robber

“...........”

Raymond listened to Carlix and fell silent for a moment. He couldn't gather what he's talking about.

Raymond is...

For a moment, I looked directly at Carlix with dark eyes.

Although the were not brothers related by blood, Raymond was on good terms with Carlix when he was young. Because Carlix was very cute.

As he was a younger brother of different ages, he had no chance to hang out with each other and fight.

He was the grandson of the emperor, customarily a duke, and Carlix inherited his father's work and became the Grand Duke, but it didn't bother him back when Carlix was young.

Raymond is the legimate royal family, his  position was higher than Calix.

But as he grew up, Raymond became wary and hated Carlix. The two men quickly drifted apart.

One day it, because of his father's old letter, Raymond found out.

The letter contained a long-cherished affection for Thera, Carlix's mother, who was the only descendant of the Grand Duke.

The relationship wasn't that shameful, however after Raymond's mother died, and Carlix's mother was still single. He sense there's something about his father and Carlix's mother.

But the relationship was difficult to achieve anyway.

Teira was the only child of the Grand Duke, so if she came to the house of the emperor, the Grand Duke will lost their name as a Grand Duke.

Calix's maternal grandfather, the War Squadron Grand Duke, never wanted such an outcome.

The Crown Prince is Raymond's father, and Thera is Calix's mother.

Raymond wouldn't have been wary of Calix if the two had ended up having a secret relationship.

However, in the letter of the deceased prince, it was stated that the two were in a relationship until the very moment of Teira's marriage.