Chapter 8

"I have your order."

The porter came into the store with a big box. It was a box of coffee beans that I ordered.

On the box was a large inscription on the door of Arnt Street.

'Coffee beans imported from the west coast now have exclusive rights to sell by the Arnt family...'

The competition for coffee beans has always been fierce because there are many places they want.

As a result, the price was expensive.

'This box is worth 300 gold...'

It was about twice the price of chocolate.

Excluding the shop and the money for buying a house is the biggest expense.

But it was not a waste because I could use it for a long time if I bought it once.

'If we miss this opportunity, we may not be able to save it for a while.'

To get this large amount of coffee beans at once, you have to apply for the top of the Arnt in advance.

It takes time to get this much again because it comes in regularly, not every day.

In the meantime, you will not be able to open a store.

'I'm glad I got it safe this time. With this amount, we won't have to worry for a while.'

Where Erin was so relieved, the porter, who brought the box, put down the box of beans in the middle of the store.

The box opened as the two looked at it with anticipation.

"No, this is..."

And expectations have turned into bitter disappointment.

The box was full of dark brown circles. The amount was just as much as I ordered.

But it wasn't very good.

No matter how old the beans were, the colour was so dark that it blew up.

The shape of the beans was unevenly distorted. Some were as hollow as a worm.

There was no sweet coffee aroma from coffee beans, either. There was only a strange sour smell that seemed to have fermented fruit.

I can use it if I know only old beans, but some seem to be really bitter.

Some of the beans in the corner were moldy.

"Well... isn't in such a bad condition. Well, I'm sure we ordered a high-quality product..."

The porter at the top who brought the box cut off and said, as Melly groped and picked it up.

"I'm sure I've brought it. If you don't like it, ask again. The next item is coming in two months."

"What?"

Melly asked again as if she was dumbfounded, but the servant replied shamelessly.

"By the way, we just went as you ordered."

Coffee beans are produced only in remote foreign lands that can be reached only by crossing the sea at the southern tip of the continent.

The empire ruled the central and western parts of the continent. There is no territory in contact with the southern sea.

As a result, the imperialists had to take a boat from the west coast down the road south to get to the foreign country.

The empire, in that way, brought in curious imports from this country in the south.