Chapter 11

"Then why do you do it? Because of the money? If you need money-"

"I don't need your money. I want to have my store. It's been something I've been wanting for a long time. That's it."
Raymond looked blank again. He didn't seem to understand anything Erin said.

This man was handsome and perfect enough to feel inhumane. He was always superior to others in every way.
But this man was too perfect. There was no human aspect.
Raymond will never understand such a simple dream of living in peace with a small cafe.
Erin was amazed that she once believed she could be happy with a man like this.

'It was a difficult time, but I really didn't have enough eyes to see people.'

Erin turned to help herself.
"If you don't have anything more to say, I'll leave."

She was about to go back, but he caught her wrist.

I stopped walking and turned around, and Raymond was approaching me. He was holding Erin by the wrist.
"We haven't been in a good relationship for the past 7 years and the divorce process hasn't been good."

He said, holding Erin by the wrist.
"But I don't want you to suffer. I'll give you the money, so you can do what you want and stay comfortable."

"........"
In the past, how happy would I have been to hear that word?

There were moments in which the man's distressed voice trembled innocently.

Now all those old memories I wanted to forget.
I will no longer cling to foolish feelings. It is now over to hold hope in vain in the word of this man.

Erin created a cold smile towards Raymond.

"All I want is to run a dessert cafe and never see you again."

I pulled my wrist away from him. Then she looked straight at Raymond.
"So don't be interested in my business."

Erin went back to the end of the hallway.
Left alone in the hallway, Raymond was staring blankly at the spot where Erin left.
"......unbelievable."

Raymond recalled the situation before he encountered Erin.

While waiting for Jade in the room, I heard a loud noise in the hallway.

Normally, I would have ignored it, but I couldn't ignore it because I heard a familiar voice. It was a voice that could never be heard in a place like this.
'Erin? Why is she here?'

I went out to the hallway to see if I heard it wrong, but Erin was really there.
Erin, who he had met again after a few days, was standing in the hallway and having a hard time with a man.
The appearance of Erin in this blue elegant dress was really strange.

'You don't think... ...are you here to gamble?'
In fact, card games were also played in the Imperial Palace. However, Erin did not enjoy gambling even when she lived in the Imperial Palace.
I was wondering if this was about money, and I got a weird answer. It's because of the cafe.

'What the hell is going on here?'
She said something strange about the dream, but Raymond didn't believe it at face value.
"Your Grace? Why are you here?"

On the other side of the hall, Jade found Raymond and came to him.

"no. It's nothing."
Raymond went back to the room.

The cozy lights of wax candles filled the room with subtle gold around them.

"Did you send the money properly?"

"Yes. We'll be able to get the weapons supplied within this month."

Raymond nodded satisfactorily.